best cd players <$500 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

i got the reloops.

jogwheel resolution for nudging is awesome, you don't need to move it more than you would expect, (unlike 350's)
    jogwheels move smoothly as well, (unlike 400's 350s)
    if you are into fx then, the effects have a pretty good quality, (not djm 900 good) but damn close, and you have the ability to adjust parameters via jogwheel
    i like the sample bank, but i am not keen on the save method.
    all the LED's and the display are bright, and easy as hell to read.
    The ability to link up two players to read off of one is awesome, and the bitrate on the second player is almost never unchanged.

( i haven't actually used CD's yet as i just ordered about 100)

dislikes:
    the auto BPM sucks ass, nowhere near computer specs, and it changes often. i recommend just tapping the BPM

^ my only dislike.

in comparison the radius 3000 is about the same, but for $100 less. and can read SD cards as well as having a tracking LED light on the jogwheel.

Tech Wizard

Cool thanks for the response. I hadn't really looked at the Radius 3000 as i have heard some people say american audio is pure junk, but those look nice too, with decent reviews. None of the controls on the Reloop are linked to the bpm are they? So if you ignore it all together nothing is changed like the auto loop function or anything is it?

Tech Mentor

Looks like a cosmetically different version of the Usolo FX, also made by the OEM Akiyama or Hanpin. I assume it inexplicably also cannot function as a soundcard. The bad BPM algorithm is a carry over from the 10bit all-in-one version (Synchron, MP-X10, Versadeck, DMC2000, DJinn, S20, S60, S70). Can you at least just turn the bpm readout off like on the Versadeck? These Akiyama/Hanpin designs, other than the lack of AIFF on some of them and the all-in-one's issue with buffering properly, are really nice sounding units with a lot of functionality. They do not have sync built in and in my opinion are competitive with the original & sane SL-1200 price bracket and with a feature set that could become a sort of nightclub standard. The all-in-one's mixer is lacking in the sound quality department, but these standalone units can show off just how good the DACs are. The RMP-3 also adds a digital out. EAT IT, PIONEER! Gemini could have been the new alternative, but they dropped the ball on not building-in USB drive sharing. So very close, Gemini...
    Last edited by Reticuli; 01-16-2014 at 01:48 PM.

I've only ever used the CDJ-400 and I love them. I will only trade them for some CDJ-900/2000 when I get the budget.

Tech Mentor

I'm curious why the Hanpin players can't function as a soundcard interface like the Gemini. There's a USB, a DSP, and a DAC inside, after all.

Tech Mentor

Also, anyone know if Reloop RMPs are HID?
    Last edited by Reticuli; 10-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Tech Guru

Pretty sure only Pioneers have HID.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

Pioneer didn't invent HID. It's used for joysticks, keyboards, and mice. Even Gemini and DJ Tech have HID stuff. Just wondering if the Reloop standalone has it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Pioneer didn't invent HID. It's used for joysticks, keyboards, and mice. Even Gemini and DJ Tech have HID stuff. Just wondering if the Reloop standalone has it.
    I don't remember my RMP-3's having HID. in fact i distinctly remember creating Midi mappings
    Done DJ'ing

Tech Guru

Maybe for other software, but I'm pretty sure only Pioneer has Traktor HID support.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12