Traktor 2.5: Kontrol F1 Ipad Lemur mapping... Of course! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

what 4 notes? if u mean the ones created for super combo's then u can just use an older version of the instant grat tsi (if u wanted IG ofc)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

For the Lemur F1 mapping it will not be 1:1. Im not sure if if would be better to have the ipad vertical or horizontal for this. So far since I have the Mac on my right and the S4 in the middle, the ipad would be on the left.

So the lower right would have the remix section and to the left the faders. Then on top, the global section top left and knobs top right. The point is to have the most used stuff near and the least farther away. There are several configurations to try before settling for a final version.

Also there are things that are redundant and can be omitted from the design. Browse, sync and quant are superfluous having the S4 so we get a bit more real state. Whatever other non vital function could be added with a shift. So far the remix section would require most of the work in regards of how many LEDs does that thing really have per button?!

I would still need the thing released to check further logistics from LEDs to how it simply would fit in my [trying to keep t simple] setup.
    Last edited by Quenepas; 03-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

As the Lemur can send keyboard and mouse commands out from custom buttons, im hoping someone with more lemur skills than i will be able to get around the midi limitations imposed by NI.. will give it a go when i get time.

Quote Originally Posted by Forevernow View Post
    As the Lemur can send keyboard and mouse commands out from custom buttons, im hoping someone with more lemur skills than i will be able to get around the midi limitations imposed by NI.. will give it a go when i get time.
    not sure that's going to help as there's no keyboard shortcuts afaik else they would probably have added midi support from the getgo too. you could somehow automate the mouse cursor movements and clicking as though u were doing it manually - which may work so long as you always use traktor fullscreen so the on screen controls are always in the same place. you'd need some extra software for that automation tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Zestoi, yes thats exactly what i was thinking.. i always run Traktor Full screen, so buttons would always be in the same place, have done a little reading on Lemurs mouse implementation and its seems viable. Not sure why you would need extra software for the automation though ?, if Lemur can select the correct app to focus on it would act exactly as a mouse + keyboard which i believe can control the new decks.

All theory at this point, but if anything can do it a lemur can

didn't realise the lemur software could move the mouse to a certain location and then click etc - thats the only reason i mentioned neededing extra software - pretty cool if it can do that i guess this is the kind of thing people have used http://www.autohotkey.com/ in the past.

looks possible from looking at their home page:

Mouse and keyboard control

Still finding yourself reaching over to the computer during your live show? Not any more! Now Lemur's objects can be used to remotely control the mouse cursor or computer keyboard.
    def a cool way of working around the lack of midi support for now

yeah.. the KBMOUSE command is mentioned in a thread on the jazzmutant forum, used with gesture..I need to th RTFM. Scripts in Lemur are still beyond my skills

ah - no gesture object on the IOS version of Lemur.. hmm. plan b. KBMOUSE is listed in the IOS manual, so may still be possible.

Spent the the morning working on this, and have got it working.. all 4 pages of 16 remix decks slots directly controllable, using lemurs scripting commands on custom buttons.

if you want to try, you need to add a "Daemon KBMOUSE out", select "mouse and keyboard", and map to you lemur.

Create custom button object, (ive set midi to output none), then create a script, ( i sugest named for the remix button you want to control ( ive used naming convention "left_R1_C1", "left_R1_C2" etc for left deck, row1, Cell1) , then use the following commands

mouseout(0,26,499);
    clickout(0,0,1);
    clickout(0,0,0);

mouseout 26,499 are the x/y coordinates on the screen, 0 being the daemon output you created earlier,
    clickout sends a mouse click and a release of the mouse button in two separate lines.

On a 1280x800 monitor (osx macbook), This will click (and release the mouse button) on the 4the cell in remix deck 1. Of course this will depend on you layout and resolution ( in this build I have a+b as small track decks/ C+D as advance remix decks).

On a mac the shortcut CMD+Shift+4 will switch your mousepointer to show x/y coordinate on the screen. Hard to read unless you switch the display to use "white-on-black" in preferences ( via universal access)

I'm 75% of the way complete with the lemur setup for a single F1 emulator+ tsi (for deck 3), hope to finish by tomorrow and will distribute the beta via the Liine site when its working, and provide a link here, and on the mappings section.

cheers
    joe

Joe,

that's awesome! I'd love to see a video of this when your ready to play.
    By the way, I'm on a windows laptop, and I have an iPhone. I should be able to get this same thing up and running, right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast