Skrillex goin CDJ?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Skrillex goin CDJ?

Attached is the pic of Skrillex's new setup for 2012(first shown at ultra) and it looks pretty legit. I noticed no laptop and are those fucking subs or guns on the sides?! Not starting a skrill argument, just noting what I saw in this pic and saying its kinda cool hes going laptopless cdj route.

Last edited by Otacon; 03-27-2012 at 03:07 PM.

yeah he's been on CDJs for a little while now

That stage looks amazing.
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

The Stage was built by these guys.
    https://www.facebook.com/StageworksProductions
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

im not a huge skrill fan, though i do like some of his songs, but this video makes me want to have seen him at ultra. f'in crazy. and i guess he went cdj cause everyone was talking shit about him doing the ableton stim dj thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGKO-...ature=youtu.be

I saw him play with 12th planet at Ultra and there was a laptop out, they were switching on and off with each other though. Even had to switch mixers halfway through as they broke one, one of the craziest sets I have ever witnessed.

Tech Convert

He's definitely using only CDJs and a mixer now. Saw him at the Buku Festival in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and I was looking thru the photos from it on facebook and there was a few taken from behind Skrillex on stage while he was playing. No laptop anywhere on the table, just 2 CDJ2000s and a DJM900.

I'm sure his switch to standard decks has come about due to a combination of laptop overheating / crashing issues and hanging out with all the DJs he plays with everywhere. 12th Planet and the other guys that just use decks probably told him to get on their level

I'm glad he switched honestly, gives the haters less shit to talk about. Dude has really come a long way with his mixing abilities, I saw him just over a year ago at a club in New Orleans and it was for the most part pretty awful (mostly due to the club overselling the show and being unable to scratch my own ass let alone dance comfortably). He missed drops, miscued tracks, and generally wasn't up to par with even the locals that were playing that night. His set at Buku was insane: well-timed drops, tasteful effects usage and cuts, and proper track selection / sequencing. He has definitely stepped his game up, happy for the guy.

Considering the guy played something like 350 shows last year and wasn't really using the laptop for anything fancy it makes sense to just use CDJs and have less stuff to worry about.

Tech Mentor

I loled hard at nyan cat

I wonder if he pre-edits all of his tracks so he doesn't have to blend? I don't just wonder that about skrillex either, I wonder that about most producers who play almost exclusively their own music when DJing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast