Music Library... Help

Default Music Library... Help

I had a question and did not want to get into the political issues of whats right and wrong...

I used to DJ back in the day have a Huge Vinyl Library and just got back into DJing again its been 11 years so this is all new to me and digital is something I am learning everyday with my New S4...

I have a digital Library of over 3000 songs and yes I was a person who got all his music from Torrents I know this is wrong and since then have not Torrented in the last 14 months or so.

Now that I am trying to learn how to beat match and use BPM's none of my music have BPM's listed Is there a way to find this like a program that would do this or am I stuck doing it manually

Also My question is what is the best place to purchase music I refuse to Torrent anymore and wanted to know is a record pool frowned upon as well is the quality the same as say iTunes or another site any help would be great

bump

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Ok... I'm gonna get flamed for this, but if you own it on vinyl, either digitize the vinyl or find some way of acquiring the songs, you already bought them once... and in some cases, as I've found with some more recent releases, the vinyl will come with a digital copy for free.

As far as places to buy music... beatport, juno, trackitdown, etc... there's likely a more comprehensive list in the FAQ.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Is there a way to find this like a program that would do this or am I stuck doing it manually
    If you look on beatport and click on the actual track, it will tell you the bpm and key. Long winded, but whatever
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ZooYork View Post
    none of my music have BPM's listed Is there a way to find this like a program that would do this or am I stuck doing it manually
    If you download Itch off the Serato website and analyze all your tracks using it, it will write the BPM to the ID3 tags.
    Mixmeister BPM also works well too, and is free on teh intewebz as well.

I used to DJ back in the day have a Huge Vinyl Library
    Now that I am trying to learn how to beat match
    What did you do with the vinyl if you're only learning to beatmatch now?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    What did you do with the vinyl if you're only learning to beatmatch now?
    Honesty I tried my best at what I could do to bring both tracks together never mastered beat matching others never had an issue with it but I sure did I was never happy with my work