Help with Traktor/VCI-100/Ableton

Default Help with Traktor/VCI-100/Ableton

Okay, so I know this is probably a very lame, basic question that gets posted here a lot. But, I'm desperate. Like, really desperate.

I bought a VCI-100 SE for $300. A decent steal, especially for someone who is just trying to get into the whole mixing thang. I've downloaded the demo version of Traktor (not sure of the edition? I just got it off their website a day ago). When I put tracks into the decks on Traktor, however, the sound won't come out. I know the tracks work, however, because I played them in iTunes just to make sure.

Not only that, but when I plug my VCI in to my Mac (via USB), it doesn't do anything. The buttons and LEDs light up on the VCI, and the data light at the top flashes every time I move a knob or switch on the controller, so I don't think it has anything to do with the controller itself. Plus, I've looked at the activity and the controller is detected and active by my Mac.

So, my problems are as follows:
    1. VCI-100 won't affect anything in Traktor (or Ableton, for that matter. But I'm not sure it is even applicable to Ableton).
    2. When I load tracks into the decks in Traktor, they'll play. The sound just won't come out.

Thanks to anyone/everyone who can help me out. Maybe it's an input/output issue. Maybe it's my controller. Regardless, I know this is probably a bogus inquiry, but whatever. That's what this forum is for, right?

Did you ever read the manual ?
    Theres a section on setting up your soundcard and anothe section on using your midi controller. Sounds like you havent loaded a TSI file for the VCI-100, havent selected it as a midi device and also havent setup your soundcard. Read the sections in the manual to do with those three things and you should be fine.

When in traktor press the help button then press "read manual" and a pdf version of the manual will pop up for your reading pleasure.

Working now. Thanks a bunch!

No problem welcome to the site

Check out the stick FAQ for tons of useful information to help you get going.