Does SSL have a phase meter? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's just my style/what I'm used to. I'll bring the mix in with cans on, then knock them off and listen to the main mix as I finish bringing in the new track.

I still find split-cue wierd, and fiddling with a knob halfway through a mix whist keeping my cans on is just not what I'm used to.

Ahh well, something to learn right?
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

I do.

I hear ya on knobb twisting really wishing wasn't in awkward spot on the ns6. I really wish itch wasn't so closed would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    I hear ya on knobb twisting really wishing wasn't in awkward spot on the ns6. I really wish itch wasn't so closed would make me happy.
    Yeah, that's why I'm a Traktor fanboy. Unfortunatly the cue/mix knob is in the same spot on the S4, hence my habit of taking off my headphones halfway through the mix.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Sonically, it's not that great of a mixer…it's fine, just a little noisy. Also, mine is newer and it traded the ears for XLR outs…I'd prefer to have both. But the cuing system is why I bought it. I can mix in earbuds if I have to, and it takes basically no thought at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

Sonically, it's not that great of a mixer…it's fine, just a little noisy. Also, mine is newer and it traded the ears for XLR outs…I'd prefer to have both. But the cuing system is why I bought it. I can mix in earbuds if I have to, and it takes basically no thought at this point.
    I own one of these, and love it. But how dead is your crossfader? My new one died in like two weeks, and that is with virtually NO scratching to it. But the individual leds rock. And +1 for cuing/mixing in the headphones; I always use the cue/master knob as a sort of "pre-crossfader" to make sure my mix is correct before bringing it in live.

My crossfader came useless. There's no way to close it on either side. It sounds like somebody did a scrape mod and screwed it up.

I'd care if I ever scratched, and I would have bought an innofader and made it work if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    It's just my style/what I'm used to. I'll bring the mix in with cans on, then knock them off and listen to the main mix as I finish bringing in the new track.

I still find split-cue wierd, and fiddling with a knob halfway through a mix whist keeping my cans on is just not what I'm used to.

Ahh well, something to learn right?
    same here. i take my cans off when i can fully hear the track that i brought in on the PA.

Something that I've gotten used to, and realize isn't the norm, is having the fader for the split cueing. Most other mixers I've used have had the knob, but I've actually started to like having the fader. Yeah I have to switch it around all the time, but it's a solid method.

Also having the button for the mix/master is really nice. Hit that quick (esp if I'm mixing late at night and am basically just using the headphones since I have to be quiet) and I can hear what's coming out of the speakers without having to mess with the fader. Also was a life-saver when I was spinning at this last house-party and didn't have a monitor setup, and needed to hear the main mix in the headphones to make sure things were coming out correctly.

I don't really understand how you can't get by without split cue. Maybe it's just me.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Without split cue? It's easy. Split cue always confused me for some reason…way harder than one ear on with monitors…there's a little bleed from the monitors into the headphones that makes things easier…or you can do it if you have a blend knob.

I guess I just like hearing some measure of both in my headphones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast