Trading a NS6 for a Mixdeck w/ Case
    Tech Wizard

Default Trading a NS6 for a Mixdeck w/ Case

I have done some research and like the idea of the mixdeck being able to use it without software and whatnot. I am not to concerned with the Ipod input channel. I am just nervous to do an out right trade not knowing about all the controllers besides mine. Am I losing out on the value end or is it pretty steady. Also if you must know we both discussed the trade because he is into trying out the NS6 and I was pretty interested in using his controller. After doing research I would love to get the Mixdeck Quad but I think I would have to find someone wanting the NS6 and I would have delve out some cash to make it fair. Any opinions welcome.

Tech Wizard

Personally I think that would be a pretty big downgrade on your part. IMO the mixdeck looked and felt very janky, but if you have seen it and touched it than that is up to you to decide. Also don't consider using the iPod input because you lose functions, the cue specifically. If you are dead set on going the cdj route I would either sell the ns6 and go for some real CDJs and a mixer, which may mean shelling out extra cash. I have only played around with the mixdeck in a shop near me for like 30 mins though so somebody else here might be able to provide more insight.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the input. I haven't had the chance to touch it just looked it up and thought it was a great idea. I wonder how the Quad feels? Well maybe before I go ahead with anything I should go to the shop and try some stuff out maybe I will aim higher and get a better feel for what I want.

Yeah don't do that

Tech Wizard

What is the best way to get into CDJ's and a Mixer? I just can't stomach 5grand at the moment. Is there a way to ease into it.