The making of a laptop stand.... The Nonstand - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Still, the us will be one of the biggest buyers
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Still, the Crane Stand is what, 150 dollars, and doesn't do anything with cable management, right? I'd be happy to buy anything under a hundred. I think a lot of people would.

Tech Wizard

Actually thats why im doing this...

Because it is too expensive get a laptop stand that cost more than a 100 bucks, its just ridiculous!!! and if you pay less than 60 its a piece of shit!!!

I'm currently using a homemade pvc laptop stand. Spent nine bucks making it. It works for parties...

Dude, this is gonna be a huge succes(don't know if i spelled that right)! I really think 80% of the dj's is searching for something like this. Relative cheap, something that won't let their gear fall down, and amazing good looking. I don't know what the production cost's are but i would ask about 50 bucks for it.

Tech Wizard

a litle bit off topic....this is a table im working also... its called unknown pleasures...

so... I really like Joy Division, and i was thinking about the art of the record unknown pleasures... on how it looks that graphic in 3d!!!

so I get the image, wich is the image of a the cycles of a pulsar star, and build this topology....

then I select a piece of this 3d topolgy wich i find interesting and imagine a plane of glass wich is get penetrated by the topology and the result is this...

a detailed view of this topology going through the glass.. wich is more a visual trick!!!

Also the name looks pretty appropiate to the project... so what you think!!!
    Last edited by Nontablist; 04-18-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Looks cool, but not if it doesn't fit in with the rest of your furniture, ofcourse you designed it so it wil fit in with your interiour. By this i don't mean that the rest of your furniture needs to be made out of wave forms but this combined with some 60's furniture would look a little bit weird. But the fact that you made it out a wave form of a song you like, makes it really special, so if it fit's in i would go for it. But how the hell do you design these things?? it looks really pro!

Tech Wizard

About how you get this things from a group of pulses.

The design its not that difficult, you can get the shapes out of a spectrogram, or at least a theoretical mathematic model from a numer of pulse cycles, put it inside a a 3d software and get models of that in 3D.

About "fit in" and "taste":

Commonly design try to answer questions, and its better when design make questions (like the how the hell you do that, thats a great question)

When im designing I never think in stuff like "taste" or "fit in", because a good design is a good design always, like the Technics SL-1200 its a good design, actually it is so good that even the company stop manufacturing them we still comparing every turntable on the market to the this 30 year old design, technics never think in "taste" or "fit in", they were thinking in how to make the best turntable.

About my how I get these thing and the pro looking:

I got a degree in Architecture and Urban Planning, speciality on media/computer based design and parametrical models, till now 2 years of experience working as a freelance architect, making houses and stuff like that recently I get the oportunity to work with a company called NOT S.A., wich is a group of architects and designers who develop objects and projects on every scale (From toys to urban planning), also they work on the area of digital manufacturing, wich is make digital models and a machine (CNC Routers and Laser cut) can manufacture in a efficient way.

The software I used is Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper, VRay, RhinoVBS scripting and Autocad.

Back on-topic..... I WANT ONE!! definately interested in either black/green or alu.... how about a clear acrylic? anyway.. i like this a lot and when apart would take up next to no space in my bag.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Perhaps the store can support the community as many members support it, and sell your nonstand. Possibly on consignment? Looks like there is enough demand for this, I sure would like one.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast