Reloop RMP-3 Alphas, opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Reloop RMP-3 Alphas, opinions?

Hey,

These units pop up in a few "alternatives to pioneer" threads, but in those, very few people have actually used them and it is all speculation.

Anyone had an extended play on these and developed an opinion?

Had a 15 minute play at BPM this year, and found very few faults.

Just keen to hear what people think, as I have been offered some at a really good price, but reviews of these are few and far between.

(Not sure whether this should be in CDJ/Vinyl section, mods feel free to move to where you think is most appropriate)

I like 'em. Good feature set, strong price point. The way you set a cue point takes a little getting used to but the 1234 cuepoint/sample buttons are nice.
    I like the jogwheel too. It appears to spin on a central spindle rather than run on ball bearings. I'd recommend them as an affordable alternative to pioneer/denon.

Tech Wizard

I guess that is pretty easier to say.

Tech Mentor

Seems like they aren't widely used.

Going to pick them up next week, looking forward to having a good play with these. A nice alternative to my techs with Traktor.

They do act as MIDI controllers too (with a Traktor map) but I haven't used this feature so can't comment

Tech Mentor

Not too fussed about using them with Traktor. Think USB is going to be my weapon of choice. Just hope that the file management system isn't too much of a pain

Haven't used it so can't comment. Not sure how fully featured it is.

Tech Mentor

i owned a pair, and just sold them.

File management is almost nonexistant. its not like a pioneer or Denon when it comes to file management, but everything else is pretty awesome on it. Linking is simple, Midi controlling is possible (up to 4 decks on one unit) you cue via the loop in button. They were great players, i just never used them as much as i wanted to so i sold mine.
    if you have any questions, i wrote a mini review on them about two years ago or so. One of my ended up having a broken drive after two years of constant playing out n such, i bought a replacement disc drive from american audio (same internals) and had it replaced within 15 minutes.

Tech Mentor

They should be here next week, looking forward to having a play. Where can I read your review on them?

Tech Mentor

jogwheel resolution for nudging is awesome, you don't need to move it more than you would expect, (unlike 350's)
    jogwheels move smoothly as well, (unlike 400's 350s)
    if you are into fx then, the effects have a pretty good quality, (not djm 900 good) but damn close, and you have the ability to adjust parameters via jogwheel
    i like the sample bank, but i am not keen on the save method.
    all the LED's and the display are bright, and easy as hell to read.
    The ability to link up two players to read off of one is awesome, and the bitrate on the second player is almost never unchanged.

( i haven't actually used CD's yet as i just ordered about 100)

dislikes:
    the auto BPM sucks ass, nowhere near computer specs, and it changes often. i recommend just tapping the BPM

^ my only dislike.

in comparison the radius 3000 is about the same, but for $100 less. and can read SD cards as well as having a tracking LED light on the jogwheel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast