The Ultimate Traktor Hardware Setup! Your Feedback Please!!
    Tech Convert

Default The Ultimate Traktor Hardware Setup! Your Feedback Please!!

This is a video i made because I feel really crappy and am way to lazy to type! And I saw DJ Endo's Mothership video and I want to expand on that using the F1 ! If anyone could help me wth ideas and stuff as too how the coolest possible way to map all that stuff would be! And not be repetitive! but to be able to control everything, in a very versatile way!

Thank you so much!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!!

You talk about running an S4 2 X1s and 2 F1s, what would you do with all those controllers?

The S4 can control 4 decks pretty well (not remix decks) and an S4 and one X1 should be able to take care of everything non remix deck wise.

The remix decks would be C and D if you wanted two of them so you would be covered with an S4 and two F1s- unless you wanted control over 4 FX units without shifting or anything then you would want 8 more knobs but adding an X1 for that is overkill. If you are using two remix decks then you wouldn't need any X1s for transport stuff on C and D if you had an S4, or if you ditched the S4 altogether and went with a hardware mixer one X1 and two F1s would have you covered. Or if you used an external mixer and two F1s and one Xone: K2 you would be able to control 4 FX units and everything else you want.

But really it sounds like you need to figure out what you actually want to do, and a lot of times in practice you will never find yourself using all the things you planned on mapping and buying a silly amount of controllers for.

You talk about running an S4 2 X1s and 2 F1s, what would you do with all those controllers?

The S4 can control 4 decks pretty well (not remix decks) and an S4 and one X1 should be able to take care of everything non remix deck wise.

The remix decks would be C and D if you wanted two of them so you would be covered with an S4 and two F1s- unless you wanted control over 4 FX units without shifting or anything then you would want 8 more knobs but adding an X1 for that is overkill. If you are using two remix decks then you wouldn't need any X1s for transport stuff on C and D if you had an S4, or if you ditched the S4 altogether and went with a hardware mixer one X1 and two F1s would have you covered. Or if you used an external mixer and two F1s and one Xone: K2 you would be able to control 4 FX units and everything else you want.

But really it sounds like you need to figure out what you actually want to do, and a lot of times in practice you will never find yourself using all the things you planned on mapping and buying a silly amount of controllers for. The whole NI Mothership video was completely pointless and retarded.

"hey look at all these NI controllers and pretty lights which are all completely redundant and there is no reason for"

Tech Convert

Ya i would want control over all 4 effects banks in chained mode for all the decks! so I could really just get an s4 and 2 x1's then couldnt i? and just figure out how to map it to do what i want it to do!

Not sure why you would need an S4 and two X1s. One s4 and one x1 gives you full control of 4 decks and 4 fx units.

But I'll give you a hint- 4 deck mixing is overrated and is mostly hyped up to sell traktor and S4s and most of the time will only make your mixes sound like crap unless you are mixing minimal techno.

The remix decks could be interesting but you will want an F1 for that.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 03-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Tech Convert

hmm okay ya most definitely! im really interested in your feedback! so i can mix on anything ive been using an sd card with my bosses cdj 2000s and djm 900 but i really want to be more expressive andstuff. and i cant really decide whch route i want to go...i could go with like an s4 and x1 ... or a vci 400 ean golden edition and a midifighter 3d.. but i really wish the build quality on the buttons of the vci were better .. idk which do you think?

Ya i would want control over all 4 effects banks in chained mode for all the decks!