MIDI Mapping

Thread: MIDI Mapping

Tech Mentor

Default MIDI Mapping

I am working on a project where I am sending serial messages to my computer and converting them to midi messages but for whatever reason these messages will not work in Ableton. I am able to use the controller with traktor but I cant map anything with ableton! I am using loopMIDI as the virtual midi cable and Serial2MIDIConverter. Any help would be awesome!

Tech Mentor

Have to set up your ports in the midi prefences page?
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Mentor

Yes, I have gone to the midi sync page and attampted setting up my ports but even with that when I click midi map the software shows midi incoming but does not map it.

you're just sending normal (lo-res) note and/or cc data? odd if they work in traktor tho... a dump of the data from loopmidi might help - tho does *sound* like some ableton setup issue and not the actual midi
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Hey sorry for such a late response. Been a little busy with exams, but I am working on it tomorrow night. Going to try and use midiox so I can monitor the data a little. Also I will try to get that data to you. Thanks for the help guys!