I have 500 dollars and need a PA System
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I have 500 dollars and need a PA System

If I could spend under 500 dollars for a PA System + Stands that'd be awesome. I'd mainly be playing House Parties and Small bars.

Also do you think I could get away with one speaker for now at a house party?

Speakers aren't cheap. You MIGHT... MIGHT be able to find a used B-52 for that price, or a pair of something else. But my best suggestion would check craigslist for what's in your price-range.

No matter what though, it's not going to be the best and you'll want to upgrade. But everyone has to start somewhere.

The other legit option is to rent them, esp. if it's only going to be a few parties. Check out people/places that rent basic PA's for a day/evening and see what goes from there. This is probably the best option until you can afford some solid stuff.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

My problem with Craigslist is that I don't know what to even search because pa system isn't giving me anything. (I'm close to Philly)
    Last edited by Fressure; 03-29-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Tech Mentor

there is a samson PA system that for its size is amazing, its like $500 i believe

Tech Mentor

A pair of Behringer B212D and your budget is pretty much spent, if you were really thrifty you could get stands and cabling for $500 but I wouldn't count on it. The B212D is a good, lightweight powered speaker, lots of bang for the buck, sounds good on top of the matching 15' or 18' powered subs Behringer makes. Later on if you choose to upgrade, they would make good monitors.

Tech Mentor

Oh wait the behringer 212D are active hmm

Tech Mentor

One less thing to lug around is always a good thing...

Tech Mentor

Sounds like my basic situation. For awhile, I was rocking this:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...c+%2Caps%2C137

with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-DJ-GVX-...3078473&sr=8-1

For a house party, it was more than enough, and for small bars, you shouldn't have a problem. The Phonic system survived some serious abuse for about 5 years in several bands I was in, so they're definitely durable.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Mentor

With specials going on at Guitar Center I can get 2 b212D and 2 stands for 487, I just need the figure out what cables I need. I use a mixtrack pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast