vci 400 master output way too low - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good luck
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Question

Quote Originally Posted by viper9711 View Post
    Good luck
    thnx for your comments viper... i actually tried out what you've told me and although it does not quiet make sense to me I still gave it a shot but didn't really change much.

autogain is on. limiter is on also. head room is off.
    headroom is off, so i should be able to play out loud as i want. auto gain is on which is a good thing, keeps all tracks at same level. limiter is on which prevents clipping/distortion.

kinda weird. my master volume on the vci controller was set at 3 o'clock which also sets traktors volume to 3 o'clock too... at 3 o'clock i already get orange and at times red colors which isnt a good sign...

my master goes out into the pioneer. the pioneer track volume is set to 5 o'clock and my volume is at -3dB. i was lucky to able to turn the main amps up...

no one else seems to have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah148 View Post
    On my iMac, the volume control significantly influenced the Vestax output. S4 is regulated differently. Here is no influence to the controllers output !
    u say it is regulated differently. explain in detail please as i cannot imagine that the volume of the mac influences the soundcard on the vestax. i have never heard or had a case like this...

Little bit confused about Sarah148´s comment...

I´m sorry, influences from MAC to Vestax volume are only happens if you use this adjustment in the Audio/Midi Panel of the Mac:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Now I think I have the solution. Go to audio / midi setup and select Vestax Vci 400. Check your Master Volume output- is it select to maximum?
    Last edited by viper9711; 04-01-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Quote Originally Posted by viper9711 View Post
    Now I think I have the solution. Go to audio / midi setup and select Vestax Vci 400. Check your Master Volume output- is it select to maximum?
    DAMN! I totally forgot to check in these settings... its always those minor things. Stupid me...

So perhaps Sarah meant these setings cuz the volume source of Mac cannot influence the output of any audio interface.

THANKS a lot. Works of course. It was set to -12dB which is still kinda awkward but I pushed the volume higher...

Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12