Monome Piano Routine
    Tech Guru

Default Monome Piano Routine

Would I be able to do what he is doing with his Monome lets say with a launchpad?

considering a launchpad is cheaper and same amount of buttons

Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

anyone I really want to do this with a launchpad...
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

yes. Monome is just a controller as far as I know; no reason you couldn't use the launchpad instead. I dont think monome sends MIDI; your software needs to convert it to midi signals if you're controlling MIDI but the launchpad just sends MIDI directly. This means you could probably do more complicated things with the monome but there would be more programming involved. But yeah to answer your question, no reason you couldnt use a launchpad to just play keyboard sounds.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

there is a max for live patch witch switches the notes in user 2 mode (i think) to other patterns.. if i recall correctly it was more guitarish than piano patterns.. i also dont know the name of this patch
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Hey, I was in the same spot a couple months ago. Check out nonome for launchpad. It's just a max patch though, no max for live, so if you open live while it's running things may get complicated.. or at least they did for me. Check this out if you're on windows. I use mac mostly and could never find any tutorial but, if you're on a mac PM me and I'll get you started
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Guru

PM Sent thanks Zhao!

Tech Mentor

There are a couple M4L patches that emulate a monome. maxforlive.com is a gold mine of patches. check out monomeemu or monomodular if that's what you are after.

Ya it's pretty simple, you run nomone, it basically turns your launchpad into a monome and saves you hundrends. A quick google search should give you all you need.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors