Hamburg Germany anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hamburg Germany anyone?

hey folks,

i'm a bedroom dj living in st. pauli, hamburg. while i spin breaks and fidget mainly, i am interested in alot of genres.

is there anyone on djtt from that region?

Mmh, I'm from the south really but my gf's from Bremen/Hamburg, so we visit her parents every once in a while
    I just looked up fidget since it was new to me, sounds really interesting. Do you have youtube link of a track that you'd consider "typical fidget".. if that exists? I'd really like to listen to one, just to see if it's something I just missed so far (or just didn't know the name of).

got 2 girlfriends? :P

i am not that good with genre-titles. i can't tell you the exact difference between fidget house and electro house. all i know is that theres alot of electro house out there that i would consider crap and there is some that i am really into. i heard several of those songs on mixes that we're tagged fidget house. would love to know the exact definition, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidget_house

some top tracks i would consider fidget house:

BSOD - Choplifted
    Oh Sh!t - Disgusting (Fat and Ugly Remix)
    Costello - Girls Speak Louder (Donique Remix)

also check out the dusk (fidget) mix on his player:

http://groundzeroprojects.ning.com/profile/Deej
    Last edited by illstep; 05-05-2009 at 08:28 PM.

for good fidget check out these artists -

Aniki
    The Bulgarian
    Herve
    Lee Mortimer
    AC Slater
    Bass Weazell
    B.Rich
    Defunct!
    Tom EQ
    Designer Drugs
    Foamo
    Heavy Feet
    Jack Beats
    Mighty Fools
    Jesse Rose
    Switch
    Sinden
    Fake Blood

shit ill stop there lol.... enjoy
    fart.

Thanks dudes

I strongly agree that there's a lot of electro house that's just out there to make easy money

I'll check out some of the tracks to see what it's all about. At least when reading up on Wikipedia, it really caught my interest as it seems to be not just the plain-old plain-old

And btw.. just one gf.. but a sweetie.. and DJane

@Lauchsound: Just out of curiosity, what are the main music styles played in the Hamburg club scene? Down here it's REALLY annoying, more clubs than you can shake a stick at (for the size of the city) and all of them play electro(house),minimal,rap (I don't mind those styles, however I think there's more variety in music than just *that*).

Tech Mentor

If there's any southern Germans here, i'll be playing as part of the international DJ Weekender in Saarbrucken on 15th May. 3 nightclubs, 6 floors and 30 DJ's.

Check it out here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ev...id=62323879828

Come along - drink beer!
    Last edited by cmcpress; 05-06-2009 at 09:42 AM.

like i´ve said several times before! we need a european djtt meeting...somewhere in the middle of europe. i think leipzig would be the best
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

the festival above was organised by a GYBO5.com regular. It's something they do every year - used to be in Trier. We've got guys coming from all over - Paris, Berlin, Munich, London, New York, Denmark, Amsterdam...

Build it and they will come!

Didn't know gybo5 so far but looks interesting. Can't be around on that weekend though as I already pushed a local DJ (..god..errr..father ) to be with him
    +1 though for European DJTT meeting...party...thing Never been to Leipzig either Earl-Panda, your video mix reminded me a lot to be more playful when making music! What I'd really like to see as a DJTT video tutorial would be 4 deck mixing, just with Creative Commons tracks so everyone can give it a shot. That'd be exactly what sets controllerism apart and I'd really really like to be able to do that.. for various reasons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast