Free iTunes Movie: David guetta - Nothing but the beat
    Tech Student

Default Free iTunes Movie: David guetta - Nothing but the beat

First post ever, new to all of this but not music.. anyways, just found this and thought SOME of you would enjoy watching.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/d...76?i=112044107

I am about to watch it myself.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Saw the trailer some months back. Deffo not watching it but thx for posting

Yeah I watched it. It's alright. Sort of interesting.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

I actually really enjoyed it. In my opinion, I think David Guetta, Skrillex, Deadmau5...people like that get so much unwarranted hate. And what for? Because people are jealous that it's not them playing to 40,000 people. This movie put him in a different light for me. He's a guy with small roots, he's been DJ'ing since he was 14. He's now one of the most internationally recognized names in music.

Do I yell "sellout!" or "poser!" like many of the other DJ's on these forums? Nah, instead I just hope that with enough work I will be able to reach that level...He's inspiring to me not because I'm in love with his music (I'm not) but because he fucking worked his ass off and made his dream come true. I give a thumbs up to this guy, and this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    I actually really enjoyed it. In my opinion, I think David Guetta, Skrillex, Deadmau5...people like that get so much unwarranted hate. And what for? Because people are jealous that it's not them playing to 40,000 people. This movie put him in a different light for me. He's a guy with small roots, he's been DJ'ing since he was 14. He's now one of the most internationally recognized names in music.

Do I yell "sellout!" or "poser!" like many of the other DJ's on these forums? Nah, instead I just hope that with enough work I will be able to reach that level...He's inspiring to me not because I'm in love with his music (I'm not) but because he fucking worked his ass off and made his dream come true. I give a thumbs up to this guy, and this movie.

Could not agree more; i guess people dislike Deadmau5? i didnt know as much as Guetta; but the progression of his career was definetly interesting to see throughout the movie. His evolution as an artist was more interesting than anything else to see. I wish there were less interviews and more live footage maybe. More in the SHM 'Unitl One' realm of things (which is also a great doc to see).

Tech Guru

Yep, in terms of the aforementioned artists' mainstream popularity, that cannot be argued against, they've effectively hit on a popular pop sound and rinsed it out to earn a living, fair play to them, but I think what grates is that this pop, EDM sound seems to have been adopted by the masses as the soundboard of what dance music is all about, which couldn't be further from the truth. I guess this has always been the case though. I just avoid personally knowing there is superb dance music being produced all the time and not on the fashionistas radar. Let's keep that way
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

I wonder if this will play through the apple tv?
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    I wonder if this will play through the apple tv?
    you should be able to if it is available in iTunes.

Saw the trailer a while back as well. Definitely going to watch it tomorrow.

And +1 to KryticalH!T's post.

I only managed to get through like 10 minutes before my cpu started throttling but from what i could tell its kinda interesting. Reminds me a bit of Tiesto: In the Booth.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube