Numark N4??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark N4??

Tech Wizard

Default Numark N4??

My sound card crapped out on me so I currently cant mix live Im looking for something like the Numark N4 to have 4 deck control of traktor built in sound card and mixer in 1 package. I am on the smallest budget imaginable but i have had 2 clubs call me this week and had to turn them down so i need a solution fast! Heres what id like to know from N4 users:
    How is the sound quality of the N4s mixer? Can it handle a club system?
    How is the quality of the jog wheels? Do they interact with traktor well?
    Do i need a traktor soundcard like the audio 6 to use turntables with timecode vinyl? Or will they work just through the N4s aux inputs?
    Any suggestions for a similar controller in the same price range?

Thanks DJ Tech Toolers,
    Much Love
    Zeto
    DJ RAGyD

HP G62 Win 7 - Traktor Pro 2 - Live 8 - Akai APC 40 - Xone DX - Nano Pad

Tech Wizard

Hey man, can't give you any info you are looking for as I have only messed around with the N4 for an hour or so at a local shop, but its plasticy feeling and looks and feels like a big mixtrack pro essentially. I would say it probably is extremely comparable to the mix track pro as far as jog and sound quality go, maybe a tad better. That being said, if you are on a tight budget, it probably has the features you need and you could always sell it when gigs pay off enough to upgrade to something better. If you do that and say lose $100 bucks between what you buy it for and sell it for, you'd be better off having done that and gotten the gigs instead of turning more down. Idk about running dvs with it though, hopefully this bump can get you some more advise.

Traktor Timecode needs an NI soundcard ADJ4,6,8 or 10, or a certified mixer like the new Pio's, A&H etc. (basically all those over a $1000).

All the information you need is in the FAQ's
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Traktor Timecode needs an NI soundcard ADJ4,6,8 or 10, or a certified mixer like the new Pio's, A&H etc. (basically all those over a $1000).

All the information you need is in the FAQ's
    My roommate uses a hurcules dj control mk4 as a sound card to route timecode through.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdbmills View Post
    My roommate uses a hurcules dj control mk4 as a sound card to route timecode through.

Should I say "LEGALLY OBTAINED AND UNCRACKED Traktor". .........................i'm sure if you continue to discuss this, one of the mods will remove the post. As I said read the FAQ ....
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Should I say "LEGALLY OBTAINED AND UNCRACKED Traktor". .........................i'm sure if you continue to discuss this, one of the mods will remove the post. As I said read the FAQ ....
    Whoops I was unaware you could only do something like this with a cracked version. Can you do timecode with an S4? If that is the case I suggest OP get an S4 instead of the N4 and get a scratch upgrade. More money obviously, but if you are getting paid gigs you should invest legitimately.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for all the help guys. I think im gunna just pick up an adj6 for now and keep doin what i can with my apc 40 and stealth control. Hopefully ill keep gettin gigs and have some cash to invest the right way
    DJ RAGyD

Tech Wizard

Got a really ridiculous opportunity to open for one of my favoritee artists. I was at guitar center when i got the call lol, checking out a xone dx. Scooped it up right away! Having problems gettin it working with traktor though http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=49731
    DJ RAGyD

I'd seriously return it and get an S2 unless you absolutely need 4 decks. The S2 is a steal right now and the jogs/pitch faders are infinitely better.

Tech Wizard

I need 4 deck eq controls and i love all the buttons the xone has because i get pretty mapping happy. s2 is just too basic for me. could my problem be that the serato itch cd wasnt in the box? i think it is supposed to have all of the drivers on it too
    DJ RAGyD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast