Traktor Scratch Certified (What does it mean now)... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Anyone ever seen this?

Sorry if its against rules to post it.

I'm unsure given we had a whole thread on ghetto timecode with no issues years back.

If it is please remove or ask me to and i will
    Last edited by MisterMoleyMole; 04-02-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Hope im not thread jacking but I thought it would be a relevant question... so does this all mean that the "Scratch" versions of Traktor are gone?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a friend who has an S2, after this update would he be able to plug his laptop into my Audio4 with timecode and rock out?

No not at all. They are just streamlining products and eliminating the fluff, while lowering the prices and increasing accessibility to their software. So if your friend only has Pro and not a Scratch Pro version, then no, he cannot plug his machine into your interface/timecode setup and mix.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by jimbrowski00 View Post
    Hope im not thread jacking but I thought it would be a relevant question... so does this all mean that the "Scratch" versions of Traktor are gone?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a friend who has an S2, after this update would he be able to plug his laptop into my Audio4 with timecode and rock out?
    The way it's always worked before is that for timecode to work you need two things:

An approved soundcard. You don't have to route audio through the soundcard but it must be hooked up as a dongle. So you could plug an A6 and a RME fireface into your laptop and run audio through the fireface and get timecode support if you wanted, for example. Or run audio through the A6, both would work.

A license key for Traktor Scratch. The key indicates whether you have a Traktor or Traktor Scratch license.

If you don't have both of those then you won't get timecode enabled in the software. So in your example your friend would not be able to use timecode as he does not have a Scratch license.

Quote Originally Posted by frequencym View Post
    You don't have to route audio through the soundcard but it must be hooked up as a dongle. So you could plug an A6 and a RME fireface into your laptop and run audio through the fireface and get timecode support if you wanted, for example. Or run audio through the A6, both would work.
    pretty sure this definitely is not true

For those that didn't see this.

Updated in Traktor 2.1.3:
    - TRAKTOR SCRATCH Certification for Pioneer DJM-850
    - TRAKTOR READY devices Akiyama Pulsar and Tempus

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    For those that didn't see this.

Updated in Traktor 2.1.3:
    - TRAKTOR SCRATCH Certification for Pioneer DJM-850
    Hah, like I said before- the requirements for traktor scratch certification now are "be made by pioneer."

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    No not at all. They are just streamlining products and eliminating the fluff, while lowering the prices and increasing accessibility to their software. So if your friend only has Pro and not a Scratch Pro version, then no, he cannot plug his machine into your interface/timecode setup and mix.
    Okay cool... that makes sense. So there will probably still be the "scratch" versions of traktor if thats true. Too bad for my friend I thought this was going to work out in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by frequencym View Post
    The way it's always worked before is that for timecode to work you need two things:

An approved soundcard. You don't have to route audio through the soundcard but it must be hooked up as a dongle. So you could plug an A6 and a RME fireface into your laptop and run audio through the fireface and get timecode support if you wanted, for example. Or run audio through the A6, both would work.

A license key for Traktor Scratch. The key indicates whether you have a Traktor or Traktor Scratch license.

If you don't have both of those then you won't get timecode enabled in the software. So in your example your friend would not be able to use timecode as he does not have a Scratch license.
    Here's the problem -- it doesn't work this way. Traktor only lets you use one soundcard, and if you're using Scratch it has to be the NI approved soundcard. So you can't just plug in the Audio 8 as a dongle and then use scratch with your "real" soundcard. Unfortunately, because that would be an easy way for them to do what they believe they need to do to stop "piracy" without penalizing legitimate users who have invested money into the approved soundcard AND the software and still can't use it with their own setup as they'd like. It goes back to what was said earlier; unscrupulous users will just use cracked software or other tricks to get around this so pretty much only the paying customers are punished by this. So I can understand why some people are annoyed at NI about this. Hopefully this new move in their business model will address this in some helpful way. But I have to be honest I'm not holding my breath.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    - TRAKTOR READY devices Akiyama Pulsar and Tempus
    Anyone have any idea what these are?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast