My loft setup - Page 13
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: My loft setup

Club apartment!

Tech Mentor

Just curious what the square footage of this space is. We are in the process of building something similar and this place looks like the perfect size. How many people can you fit in there legally/approximately?

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    Just curious what the square footage of this space is. We are in the process of building something similar and this place looks like the perfect size. How many people can you fit in there legally/approximately?
    It's 1353 square feet, and that includes the upstairs bedroom area. It's a private home, so I don't know the legal capacity. I've had about 25 people for a party, and that's about as many as you would want.

Tech Mentor

thanks.
    Totally understand it's a private home.
    I've looked at a few places around 1000 sq ft of usable space and was estimated a max legal capacity of 100 or so. Which seemed totally reasonable.
    Been on the lookout for a nice loft space like this for a few months now, but it's been hard to find one that will totally suit what we need in a decent spot and that won't have sound issues.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    thanks.
    Totally understand it's a private home.
    I've looked at a few places around 1000 sq ft of usable space and was estimated a max legal capacity of 100 or so. Which seemed totally reasonable.
    Been on the lookout for a nice loft space like this for a few months now, but it's been hard to find one that will totally suit what we need in a decent spot and that won't have sound issues.
    Yeah, I do have neighbors on 3 sides, so I don't have loud parties or play at night really. Very difficult to find a space where you can just have big parties unless it's commercial.

I used to have a 18th century apartment above a store in the old city center of Zwolle (Netherlands). It had about 60cm solid brick walls. I had 3 neighbours.

The first party I threw was really messed up and _very_ high SPL.

I really thought I would be kicked out.

My neighbour came the next day and asked why we didn't have a party, she did not hear a thing! As did the second neighbour. (the third used a different entrance, we never met)

That kicked of a 2 year habit of throwing massively loud and escalating parties.

Now we live @ a regular family home.

This weekend we met somebody who used to live in the center, but moved out as their neighbours were really loud and gave wild parties....

Turned out we finally met the third neighbour.
    Last edited by boarderbas; 11-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Haha! Love that story!
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

man i wish i would live in a building like that. i'm positive that if my neighbor would rip a loud one i would be able to hear it

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Hulings5Robert View Post
    The lighting came about over time. The initial idea was that the LED lighting could also be used for accent lighting. It expanded from there...
    Yes?

Bot.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES