My loft setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My loft setup

Tech Wizard

That is super nice, reminds me of my old loft, but do your neighbors not care about the party atmosphere?

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Well with 16.5 foot ceilings, why NOT put in some club lights It's fun! The laser is a Chauvet GBC. Just one, and it's pretty awesome.

For sound I actually have a 10" sub in the corner off the stereo. That is IT. I had a KRK RP10's subwoofer from my old place, and something about the bass in here, it reverberates like crazy. Huge bass traps in the corner, it sounded ridiculous on the lowest setting, I sold it and upgraded from my previous RP5's to the RP6's. I mean it was really odd, like having a bass bin in your house... maybe the hard concrete floors had a lot to do with that. The system sounds great as is.

As for neighbors, I'm in my mid-30's, so I don't party it up all night. I do a weekly online DJ show from 6-8pm with friends and neighbors over, and the occasional house party, which is more of a lounge atmosphere with appetizers and some nice techy deep music than a raging drunk 18yo party with dubstep. It's really not louder than a stereo at moderate volume unless I crank it.

Tech Mentor

Seriously, I thought that was a bar/small lounge club.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSp1n View Post
    Seriously, I thought that was a bar/small lounge club.
    Its better then almost every small bar and club I've ever been to!

Wow. Fucking Wow. Just god damn wow. WOW. I want.

Tech Wizard

boner. that is all that needs to be said about that...

I must know and you have probably been asked this but, what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking? Because that setup is AMAZING!!!

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLeigh View Post
    I must know and you have probably been asked this but, what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking? Because that setup is AMAZING!!!
    Software Engineer

Wow.....w-o-w.....you say you run your lights and stuff off an IPad? I'd love to figure out how so I could easily control mine without a second laptop. What a great place man, got my inspiration up for my next abode
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    Wow.....w-o-w.....you say you run your lights and stuff off an IPad? I'd love to figure out how so I could easily control mine without a second laptop. What a great place man, got my inspiration up for my next abode
    Yes. I set up the following:

Martin LightJockey 2 --- DMX ---> Enntec ODE (DMX to Artnet converter) --- Artnet On my Home Network ---> Enntec ODE (Artnet to DMX converter) ---> Lights

I have two applications on the iPad:

One is Lemur. That I use to send MIDI to LightJockey 2 (which is actually running in a Windows 7 VM on VMWare Fusion on my Macbook). The same Lemur template I built also sends OSC to another machine (a mac mini) that's running Arkaos for the visuals and sits in my media cabinet (it's my server machine for movies, music, etc).

The other app is Luminair. This is an iPad app that's specifically made for lighting, and outputs Artnet directly. This lets me control the lights (LED strips primarily) without booting up light jockey.

I had an electrician mount the boxes up on the beams with two switches. One switches on the LED strips, and the other switches on the moving yokes. That way I can flip the LED's on, put on an "accent" scene from the iPad, without booting up everything into "rave mode".

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast