Do you know Usine > a modular environement design for live use
    Tech Wizard

Default Do you know Usine > a modular environement design for live use

http://www.sensomusic.com

Usine is a modular environement like Reaktor. What make it really special is that it is designed for live use. It support lots of stuff (midi osc, touchsreen ...)

I'm currently working on a Looping 16 bar sampler with 2 decks and a crossfade and multiple loop point

Try it : it's a demo nearly fully fonctionnal and it really cheap

Have fun !

needs a mac port, then it would get used here

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

I have been trying it out with the tabletpc i got. cool stuff, but learning curve seems a little steep.

would love to see screenshots of your design when it is done.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

my workspace is based on multiple wavedisplay wich different start pos and end pos send to a passevent flow trigger by a button

For the mac port it'll not happend the dev is a single man : perhaps you could use bootcamp ?

can u post a video of your setup or some screenshots? sounds cool.

I also tried running deckadance as a VST inside of usine, with the idea of using the usine touchscreen interface (on my tabletpc) to control fx and my eks xp-5 to control the two decks in DD. One really cool thing was a little snapshot icon that appeared when you minimized DD, it was like an icon you could push on the usine interface to open DD window back up that looked like a screencapture of DD. it was a static image, but it would rock if it could be setup to actually show real time what was happening in DD. for example, there is a red warning when tracks are winding down that would be very easy to see still even at the size i am talking about. it would be sweet to be doing stuff at the touchscreen level of usine, see the playing track was almost done in the little icon, and then push it to open DD window back up and mix away with xp-5.

how have you found the settting up of usine to be? any hints or suggestions for new people trying it?
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

usine is pretty difficult in the beginning but the forum is really friendly so if you have a problem with a patch, don't hesitate to ask : there is some really good guy at usine that could probably solve your problem easy !

I'll make a video of my patch when it'll be finished and put a simplified version in the user librairy

It's probably not really useful to simulate deck but it could be use as a looper, like a loop trigger, a mega effect or lots of other things

I use it for live pa (my live is based on 16 bar loop) but i switch between loop with a crossfader and i can mangle loop in real time with my mpd32
    Last edited by thanatos; 05-06-2009 at 02:53 PM.