lpd8 and leds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lpd8 and leds

Tech Convert

Default lpd8 and leds

Hi this is my first post so hi everyone!

I've just got the akai lpd8 and have managed to sucessfully map how i want it and now i want to start getting some cool led effects going on.

sooo..

having read this http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/

im still a little confused.

im trying to hook up the first knob k1 to the dry/wet effect in traktor scratch pro, works fine but no lights.

what i want is the four led's to come on as i raise the knob from min to max, i.e 25% wet pad 5 comes on 50% pads 5 and 6 come on ...100% pads 567 and 8 come on.

So this is where im at.

iv'e got an add out from fx dry wet hooked up to the corresponding knob, nothing happens.

i cant seem to get any lights on at all.

please help!

thanks.

Tech Convert

ok so after a bit more experimentation, im still totally lost.

I decided to go back to basics, when the fx 1 button is on the led stays on untill I turn it off

so add out, effect unit one on, routed it to the corresponding button, it then turned on but wouldnt turn off, after mashing some other buttons it turned off but will not turn back on again.

Don't waste your time much on LPD8 led mapping, there's a known issue with this controller for LED and AKAI refuse to recognize it.

There's some workaround using a third party software ... but it just doesn't worth it.

Search for LPD8 here, there's a load of thread.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Convert
    Last edited by edenist; 05-06-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Tech Convert

yeah no worries, here's the tsi

[ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/89843043080efac9/"]LPD8 w/LED's[/ame]

Hi There,

Congratulations on your successful LED mappings of the LPD8. You seem to be the only person on the net that has it working without any third party workarounds.

I've imported your mappings and they don't seem to control anything at all for me. Strange as I was happily using my lpd8 with my own mappings.

I have tried to look at your mappings and apply the same things to mine - looks like basically where there is an In for a button with note E7 for example you have a corresponding OUT mapped to the same note (E7) and that should work?

You seem to use a lot of modifiers are these required to keep the lights on or just because you are using lots of secondary functions for each button?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Tech Convert

Alright buddy, i'll try to explain as best I can.

Best thing to do is open up my mappings and ill talk you through it.

I've just realised that i've done a couple more mods so download the new mappings and look at those, i dont have the old ones anymore.

[ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/930870290b14a08d/"]zSHARE - map.tsi - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage[/ame]

k so everything with an in is sending a signal into traktor from your controller, these are youre basic settings that for example at the top of my mappings ive got a select cue point. look at the first line of the mappings.

now if you want the led to turn on your need to tell traktor to send a message OUT to the controller.

Look at the 5th line in the mapping, this line correponds to the 1st line.

so, the thing which i found is that (and this is why there are so many modifiers) everything has to have a separate state, there can be no crossover if a button has more than one use, and it has an out assigned to it, it will get confused and simply not work. so i used a bucket load of modifiers so that I could tell the led what to do all of the time.

also i found that some leds would turn on but not turn back off again so I added more modifiers.

for example,:

button 1 (not pressed) mod state 0 - led off
    button 1 (pressed once) mod state 1 - led on
    button 1 (pressed second time) mod state 0 - led off

right i hope that helps, if i get time im gonna iron out some more wrinkles and ill record what I do post it up for you.

hope this helps!

Tech Convert

Righty-o here's my new mapping vastly improved, much simpler/easier to follow in the programming sense, and it does a lot more too!

[ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/946256863ab8f46e/"]zSHARE - awesome new mapping.tsi - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage[/ame]

ill see if i can stick a vid up to show it off!

Tech Convert

A video would be great!!!! Looking forward to it. I kind of figured out some stuff but still, there seems to be combinations that trigger stuff and etc., so a video would help clarify things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast