Anyone used Etymotic Ear Plugs?

Default Anyone used Etymotic Ear Plugs?

So i've got myself a bit of tinitus... And i've decided to move from foam earplugs to something like these:
    http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html

Just wondering if anyone has tried / used these and how good they are? Because its between these and custom moulded ones now. I need to stop exposing myself to LOUD NOISES!

Thanks
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

I use them. They work alright. IMO definitely better then foam. Obviously no where near better then custom molded one.

I have got the custom made ER-25's made through Westone. I got the musician's ones made and chose the 25 db filters (aka ER-25):
    http://www.etymotic.com/hp/erme.html

Same exact plugs shown on the Westone website here: http://www.westone.com/hearing-prote...ion-products-4

If you really want comfort and quality, there's nothing like the customs man. I absolutely love mine. It's definitely pricey ($180 total) but just like a nice pair of headphones, I firmly believe that a nice pair of ear plugs are a great investment as well. It's a process (1. call local audiologist, 2. get moulds made, 3. wait for plugs to come in), but well worth the wait if you're willing to spend the money.

My headphones are the HD-25's and I wear the plugs underneath the headphones and everything is totally comfortable. No issues for me at all.

There are threads on this forum in which you can find other companies for more options, both universal fit (cheaper) and custom fit as well. If you're going to do custom, be prepared to shell out around $200. If not, there are tons of foam/plastic plugs. The universal ER-25's are a popular choice on this forum. Do a search and you'll see what I'm talking about.

What's cool is that along with the -25db filters, the customs come with "complete block" filters which I use while studying in public. When I'm dj'ing or at a show at Ruby Skye (SF hollerrrrrr) then I'll pop in the -25 db filters. All in all, customs are absolutely sweet, but you can't go wrong with universal as well. It's really about your budget!

Gluck dude! Hope this helped! :-)

Tech Mentor

i use em all the time when going to shows or local bars because they tend to blast it louder than necessary. when i dj i take em out since my gigs are about an hour to 90 min so that amount of exposure isnt terrible (at least i hope so...)

GI: I frequent ruby skye pretty often as well and i feel bad for people who dont have earphones. its pretty funny though cause even though the volume is much better with the plugs in, the subs still vibrate my nostrils hahah.

Got half a dozen sets so I'm never without a pair .. they're great value for money, and work pretty well.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    I have got the custom made ER-25's made through Westone. I got the musician's ones made and chose the 25 db filters (aka ER-25):
    http://www.etymotic.com/hp/erme.html

Same exact plugs shown on the Westone website here: http://www.westone.com/hearing-prote...ion-products-4

If you really want comfort and quality, there's nothing like the customs man. I absolutely love mine. It's definitely pricey ($180 total) but just like a nice pair of headphones, I firmly believe that a nice pair of ear plugs are a great investment as well. It's a process (1. call local audiologist, 2. get moulds made, 3. wait for plugs to come in), but well worth the wait if you're willing to spend the money.

My headphones are the HD-25's and I wear the plugs underneath the headphones and everything is totally comfortable. No issues for me at all.

There are threads on this forum in which you can find other companies for more options, both universal fit (cheaper) and custom fit as well. If you're going to do custom, be prepared to shell out around $200. If not, there are tons of foam/plastic plugs. The universal ER-25's are a popular choice on this forum. Do a search and you'll see what I'm talking about.

What's cool is that along with the -25db filters, the customs come with "complete block" filters which I use while studying in public. When I'm dj'ing or at a show at Ruby Skye (SF hollerrrrrr) then I'll pop in the -25 db filters. All in all, customs are absolutely sweet, but you can't go wrong with universal as well. It's really about your budget!

Gluck dude! Hope this helped! :-)
    Ahhhhhh awesome. Cheers
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Def better than foams or ones with the same design without filters, but still things are a little muffled.

Def do my ears the world of good though. Its so nice to come out of a club with just the normal level of tinnitus i have permanently rather than a muffled deaf feeling and even more ringing

You cant go wrong for the price!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Default Best Earplugs

I've tried etymotic. They weren't bad. The best earplugs for the money I've tried are JamPlugs. I think they are only available in Canada. www.jamplugs.ca They were the most comfortable earplugs I've worn and were under 20 bucks
    Definitely a step up from foam earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    So i've got myself a bit of tinitus... And i've decided to move from foam earplugs to something like these:
    http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html

Just wondering if anyone has tried / used these and how good they are? Because its between these and custom moulded ones now. I need to stop exposing myself to LOUD NOISES!

Thanks