No feedback between Traktor & VCI 400 EG
    Tech Wizard

Default No feedback between Traktor & VCI 400 EG

Tempo pitch fader no feedback between TP2 and VCI 400EG controller unit.

I'm having problem with the VCI 400 EGE because there are no "feedback" between Traktor Pro 2 software and the controller "tempo" pitch fader. For example, deck A tempo pitch is at +4% and is playing and then as I mix Deck B over. The tempo pitch fader on Deck A still remain at +4%. Now here is where all the problem start. I then load a new track on Deck A and my "tempo" pitch fader on the controller is still at the +4% positon...HOWEVER, the "tempo" pitch control on Traktor Pro 2 is not back at "zero" so now TP2 and the VCI 400 EGE controller's "tempo" pitch control does not match up which is causing a huge havoc for me. Not to mention, posing a huge problem for live DJ set. I actually have this verified by another DJ (DJ Hapa) and he was stuck and couldn't help me resolve this issue. Please help if anyone has a solution to this MIDI mapping so there are constant feedback between the Traktor Pro 2 software "Tempo" pitch fader and the VCI 400 EG controller "Tempo" pitch fader. Is this normal on all controller or just a unique issue with the VCI 400 EG edition?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Steve
    -------------------------------------------------

Grasshopper in training, new to digital DJ 2011

Digital workflow: MacBook Pro 15" / Mac OS 10.7.3 / Tracktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

I'm assuming you mean to say that "the 'tempo' pitch control on Traktor Pro 2 is noW back at 'zero'"

Since i would think you don't want the tempo to switch to 0 when you load a new track....

Maybe you have "Reset deck controls..." turned on in the Traktor prefs?

Jump to 4m12s...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mag View Post
    I'm assuming you mean to say that "the 'tempo' pitch control on Traktor Pro 2 is noW back at 'zero'"

Since i would think you don't want the tempo to switch to 0 when you load a new track....

Maybe you have "Reset deck controls..." turned on in the Traktor prefs?

Jump to 4m12s...

Thanks Mag for your response. Yes I have my preference for "Reset deck control..." turned OFF. So that's not it. So once Deck A is finish and let say currently, Deck A "Tempo" pitch fader on TP2 is at +4% and remains there until I load a new track onto Deck A. Once I load a new track on Deck A, PHYSICALLY, the "Tempo" pitch control on the VCI 400 EG controller stayed at +4% and TP2 "Tempo" pitch fader is at " +4% but as soon as I start to EITHER the "Tempo" pitch fader on the software or on the controller...AT THIS POINT, the software does not have proper feedback with the controller to match the controller's "Tempo" pitch control position". Hope this makes sense. Thank you advance for your input and your help.

Steve
    -------------------------------------------------

Grasshopper in training, new to digital DJ 2011

Digital workflow: MacBook Pro 15" / Mac OS 10.7.3 / Tracktor Pro 2