I know its early, but what would you like to see in Traktor Pro 3
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default I know its early, but what would you like to see in Traktor Pro 3

It's obviously a ways off but everyone knows that these companies have their long term plans so Traktor 3 is definitely on the horizon. What do you see happening with traktor 3?

I feel like 2 was a solid update if you ignore the bugs. Loved the darker layout, sample decks, waveforms, and soon the remix decks. These are all awesome improvements to Traktor.

So would you want more features? Or something like OS X Snow Leopard where the purpose is to streamline everything and make the software more efficient. I really don't know what features could be added without it getting cluttered.

I know for a while they've mentioned that theyve been working on Maschine and Traktor integration but I feel like the remix decks fills that void since people can make loops in Maschine and drag and drop them into the remix decks without needing the programs to be synced. Plus Maschine and Traktor running at the same time sounds like Ableton and Serato. Seems like a good idea but more trouble then it's worth and inefficient when you compare it to the remix decks.

Thoughts?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Real itunes integration.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Flexible beat grids.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

A good key detection algorithm built in so I don't have to rely on MixedIn Key.

Also, configurable parameters for the built-in filters and EQs....not just presets like NUO, P600, Xone, and Classic. E.g., I would like to be able to change the resonance of the filters etc.

hmmm...need to think a bit more on that...

Tech Guru

Yes on the iTunes integration, super lame. And please no one say parallel waveforms haha, it's pretty clear that the way the GUI is laid out currently it would involve a huge revamp to make this happen. And phase meters solve this for beat matching anyways.

Tech Guru

If they really wanted to put the bridge concept in the software they would add in the native mix recorder again t track all the midi movements. But I think they've made that clear that it won't be happening.

Maschine integration
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

I think a lot of people will want video and VST support...I don't think these are important.

Drag and drop customized layouts and one-click midi learn would be cool, but this just makes me excited to see what The One is capable of.

Video intergation, improved hid suport and last but sure not least intergation with ableton!

i know i ask for too much
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Video capabilities is a MUST for Traktor 3, really.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast