My Loop Recorder isn't playing nicely >:(
    Tech Mentor

Default My Loop Recorder isn't playing nicely >:(

Hey guys,

I've got a Traktor Audio 6 Interface and a DDM4000. I just upgraded to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 would like to use the loop recorder as it's a very nifty feature. From what I've found, I am able to route one of my two outputs on my mixer into the Input of the Audio 6, and then from the output onto a channel. However when I do this, the loop sounds very tinny, thin, and distorted. What is going on? Is what I'm trying to do possible, or will I need a soundcard with more ins/outs?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Guru

if your mixing "x" songs at a time you need "x" outs:

2 songs = 3 outs
    3 songs = 4 outs
    4 songs = 5 outs

So you would route the record from your mixer into the input of your soundcard then the soundcard back into a channel
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    if your mixing "x" songs at a time you need "x" outs:

2 songs = 3 outs
    3 songs = 4 outs
    4 songs = 5 outs

So you would route the record from your mixer into the input of your soundcard then the soundcard back into a channel
    That's what I did, and it sounded tinny and distorted and basically like utter garbage.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh