Any advice on how to protect a laptop from the Sun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any advice on how to protect a laptop from the Sun?

Okay, so summer is just around the corner, and with it, outdoor parties/gigs. Is there a general consensus on how to protect your laptop from the heat of the sun?

Do you mean for better visibility of the screen? If you google laptop sunshade there are loads of options, photographers use them quite often.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

No, though I'll keep that in mind. I'm mainly just afraid my macbook pro will melt in the sun. These things get hot enough in a dark room...

Where do you live? I doubt it'll melt lol, but you could just set up your gear in the shade? Or get a gazebo or something?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I would invest in some sort of canopy tent. I had some friends in a band that played an outdoor event one summer and the drums warped from the heat.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Near Cincinnati, Ohio. It's pretty regular for us to have high 90's with 70% humidity, here. I'm just being extra cautious I guess.

you can also get a laptop fan thing that goes underneath to keep your cpu cool.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    you can also get a laptop fan thing that goes underneath to keep your cpu cool.
    This. Get one of those small metal grille fans and place it directly underneath your laptop on high.

I live in Cincinnati and play pool parties and such outside on the reg, my macbook air has never "melted," let alone overheated.

I agree with this also.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast