which program to use????
    Tech Convert

Default which program to use????

Ok while Im saving for equipment and since my daytime job is driving truck which program should i download to practice with while I am getting loaded or unloaded?? Mixx.org or virtual dj or another one that I dont know.

Thanx Samurai

Tech Wizard

i have virtual dj LE and mixxxx. i just used vdj for my first gig because its more reliablele.

Tech Student

I would suggest Traktor! Did you checked it out, in my opninion it's one of the best programs out there.

Well if your goal is to mix without software, then I wouldn't even practice on it. You will start relying on it more and more.

What equipment are you looking into? Controllers? (then you need software), or CDJs/TTs?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

if you just wanna mess around VDJ. but if you wanna get into DJing as a hobby then Traktor would be something to look into
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

VDJ is the most versatile software out there. Providing you buy the Pro version

99% of MIDI capable devices out there are native to VDJ
    You can also use it with timecodes both vinyl and CD. Matter of fact you can use any soundcard box out there including Serato SL.
    Video is included
    Unlimited decks, although I don't know who would actually use that.
    Mapping is very easy for any device not natively supported. Although I have yet to find one that is not natively supported. Well maybe the Rane products.
    Downloadable skins
    Downloadable effects
    If you do videos, it also has a camera overlay. Have had it since version 5, where as mixx emergency is just now getting it and their version is buggy.

VDJ 8 is coming out soon. It will give you some Ableton - esque features for live remixing of track on the fly. And if you buy the Pro version, you get FREE upgrades for life.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

If ı were you ı would go with the traktor.Download the demos and check them out.Which one you like most use that.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Tech Convert

im lookin into a traktor s4. just wanted mixx or vdj to practice on the laptop when im in the truck