Traktor audio drops when it's displayed on screen
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor audio drops when it's displayed on screen

I can usually solve any audio problem in Traktor but this one has me stumped.

Reformatted my computer due to a lovely virus, reinstalled Windows but this time I used 64-bit instead of 32. I previously used 64-bit but switched back to 32 for some reason I can't remember. Anyways I re installed Traktor and now I have issues. It was all smooth sailing and I started playing some choons and mapping out my controller when suddenly the audio started drop and the CPU started spiking.

After exhausting all the usual candidates, I loaded up firefox and consulted google. In this time I noticed the aduio never dropped once. I clicked Traktor again, and within seconds the CPU started spiking again. I've tested this and it does appear to be that Traktor experiences drop outs if I'm focused on it. The only thing I can think this might is something to do with the waveform, perhaps?

I'm completely stumped. Anyone else had a similar problem?

It's Traktor Pro 2 by the way

Tech Mentor

This can happen if you are using the default windows graphics drivers. Find out what GPU you have and either download the latest manufacturer drivers, or visit laptopvideo2go for aftermarket drivers if you are using an NVIDIA card.

Tech Guru

I had a feeling it was this. I reinstalled the graphics drivers on the format and decided not to install the ATI catlyst control centre because I never used it, but the computer has been doing some odd things grapic wise. Reinstall it is then! I'll report back with my results