CDJ Question

Thread: CDJ Question

Tech Mentor

Default CDJ Question

So i broke out my old Numark CDN 36. Its been in the attic for over a year and not in use for much longer than that. Plug it in and turn it on and the white smoke starts coming from the trays. Its not a burning somethings on fire smoke. It does not smell like fire. It made me very light headed when i smelled it. I'm still a little light headed about 10 min later. Its more like a cloud was coming from the trays.

Any idea what the hell happened?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    So i broke out my old Numark CDN 36. Its been in the attic for over a year and not in use for much longer than that. Plug it in and turn it on and the white smoke starts coming from the trays. Its not a burning somethings on fire smoke. It does not smell like fire. It made me very light headed when i smelled it. I'm still a little light headed about 10 min later. Its more like a cloud was coming from the trays.

Any idea what the hell happened?

Weed from the last house party being burned by the lazer ?

Probably dust collected in the unit and the laser heated it up. I'd assume it's vapor rather than smoke, but it's probably still not a good idea to huff that to try to get high . I'd suggest disassembling the units and cleaning them before you turn them on again - hopefully you haven't mucked up the lens in the process of turning them on the first time.

You can do what keeb suggested, or maybe try one of those computer cleaner air spray thingies. I can't remember exactly what they're called but it blows pressurized air out. It's one of those thing's that if you turn upside down it like blows out insta-freeze shit. Sorry about rambling, i'm pretty intoxicated at the moment.