S4 Crash Problems
    Tech Convert

Default S4 Crash Problems

Hi there since I recived my S4 the other week I have been having some problems. FIrst started with my computer crashing and doing the dump to protect it. SO I removed most of its components some werent removable because of being a newer version being avaliable or some rubbish. Since re-installing it I am still having a problem, I start Traktor it opens fine and I can load my music into decks and stuff, I hit play/ cue and nothing happens. The play button will go green on the screen but nothing happens. This was also happening before i removed everything.

Also had some problems with when i does start saying its not connected and to check audio outputs.

I launched the Control Pannel and used the system performace check i get the msg of: Audio performace detected. This is most likely caused by computer config. Try increasing the USB Buffer Size to the next higher setting and check trouble guide. I click the trouble shooting guide and nothing hapens except an error msg. This is attempting to run through a USB3 port

If I change the USB port to a normal one i dont seem to have any problems. Seem to be skipping and stopping if I have anything else open, my computer has the best CPU i could get and 16GB of ram I would think it wouldnt have any problems running more than one thing unless this is all part of a problem?

You definitely need to be using a usb2.0 port. There are known problems with the s4 and USB3.

Also search the Internet for "optimising windows for audio". And search this forum for the "s4 optimising script".

Your machine just needs a couple of tweaks to get it running sweet with your s4.
    Let me know how you get on.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Oh the biggest thing you need to do is make sure you disable wifi and firewall before staring Traktor. This is all in the information I mentioned above though.

Tech Convert

Yeah I seem to be running alot better on from the USB port and have turned off my WIFI which seems to have gotten rid of the System Performance check error msg so all good there as well.

As for the s4 optimising script I couldnt find much on the forums, I found a usefull artice I had a read of explaining to set the EQ in Traktor to Classis as it doesnt alter the sound than which I have done. Ill let you know if i have any problems with the multi tasking but it seems the main problem was the WIFI funnily enough.

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...+Sound+Quality - Artice relating to the EQ.

Many thanks

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/...le.php?id=1071

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

Have a look through them. The top one is the windows 7 audio tweaks and the 2nd one is the power script.