Noob! CDJ's or DVS? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I honestly think A&H has the best EQs, but only on the 62 and 92…and I think the 464 they used to make. The 4-band EQ they used on them has the high-mid right where the punch of snares and hi-hats reside, so it's really easy to blend b/t two grooves. It's the only thing I miss from my 62, and it's a great reason to use Traktor Scratch over SSL…just to map some MIDI control to that one EQ knob. The 42 and 22 are IMHO just trying to capitalize on their name, and the db2 and db4, while kind of awesome in their own ways, are just not up to par for what I know A&H is capable of. But, again, that's something the whole world seems to disagree with me about.

If I had my druthers, I'd have that one EQ band and an HPF on every channel and nothing else. But, I'm weird. My dream mixer is also an all-digital rotary with a tube output gain stage…which is never going to happen.

Tech Wizard

How about....

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/al...order/99887145

Bit concerned about the fact that it has been opened up, and there has been some crackling from the faders (supposedly fixed), but it is cheap and local. What do you think? Hard to tell from a picture I know.

Tech Convert

The fact that he says he's opened it up and replaced parts says to me that he is confident in his own ability and it is all working fine. Go and try it out if you're worried, you said it's local and there is no obligation to buy.

Tech Wizard

I think the xone 92 might be out of my budget as I'm looking at £600 - 700 used

on a different note: might seem like a silly question, but why would I need 6 channels if more often that not I'm going to be using TSP2?

I had thought of going for the vestax pcv 275 since it's cheap.

Depending on your budget, the DJM-700 or DJM-250 could work pretty well. The 250 runs for like $340, and has virtually everything you'd need for mixing. The 700 runs around $900 now, and has a pretty solid effects unit on it, but only one filter. Both are pretty much tanks though.

Tech Mentor

if you are looking at getting tsp2 and a t channel mixer why not go with a djm-t1? It was a toss up between that and the nexus for me but to eliminate switching cables in the middle of a show i went with the nexus...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wampaone View Post
    if you are looking at getting tsp2 and a t channel mixer why not go with a djm-t1? It was a toss up between that and the nexus for me but to eliminate switching cables in the middle of a show i went with the nexus...
    A bit on the pricey side given that I will have to purchase a DVS as well, so whether the mixer is traktor certified or not isn't really that important.

Came very close to buying a Xone 42 for £440 used. I really can't decide whether to push the boat out and try and pick up a used Xone 92. I've seen one that looks in v good condition for £750. The four band eq sounds like something I really could put to use. I know from messing around with Traktor without any hardware that I preferred to keep to loops and using the EQ, not so much the effects. I honestly do not know whether I would miss any effects or whether they are just gimmicky. Decisions, decisions!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 7ZUSTY View Post
    A bit on the pricey side given that I will have to purchase a DVS as well, so whether the mixer is traktor certified or not isn't really that important.

Came very close to buying a Xone 42 for £440 used. I really can't decide whether to push the boat out and try and pick up a used Xone 92. I've seen one that looks in v good condition for £750. The four band eq sounds like something I really could put to use. I know from messing around with Traktor without any hardware that I preferred to keep to loops and using the EQ, not so much the effects. I honestly do not know whether I would miss any effects or whether they are just gimmicky. Decisions, decisions!
    negative my man ... the DJM-t1 comes equipped with traktor scratch duo 2 which traktor will give you a FREE upgrade to the Pro version per their new software lineup. you can get a great 2 channel mixer and your DVS for about $850. I do enjoy A&H mixers as well but this is an all in one piece that is pretty insane with all the sample decks and Traktor FX built right in.

Quote Originally Posted by 7ZUSTY View Post
    I had thought of going for the vestax pcv 275 since it's cheap.
    Those mixers are fun. Make sure you can deal with the EQs on that one…I think they're like +/- 16dB, which is an insane amount of boost and won't make you happy if you want full kill. The 170, 17a, 180, 185, and a few others are very similar designs, mostly just with different EQs, IIRC.

I'd buy a vestax over a Pioneer any day…even if you're comparing models that aren't in the same league…but I'm a vestax fanboy.

The price for that 62 seems high to me, but that's because I bought and sold one for around the same price (in USD) that was in great condition apart from having a blue face plate and some gain controls that needed cleaning.

Don't quote me on this, because I'm not an expert…but I did talk to A&H's American tech support when I noticed those gains were cracking……see if you can figure out why he replaced channels. Crackling should have been solved by cleaning the faders + pots. I'd infer liquid damage, but I'm not the least bit confident in that…and if it's fixed, it's fixed. A&H makes it easy to replace channels. It's one of their selling points.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wampaone View Post
    negative my man ... the DJM-t1 comes equipped with traktor scratch duo 2 which traktor will give you a FREE upgrade to the Pro version per their new software lineup. you can get a great 2 channel mixer and your DVS for about $850. I do enjoy A&H mixers as well but this is an all in one piece that is pretty insane with all the sample decks and Traktor FX built right in.
    Not at all. The DJM costs about £1279, so it isn't really a consideration. If I were to get it at the price you mentioned. I sort of see what you mean, especially with regards to not needing an audio interface nor the software, but because of the actual retail price (unless i'm not looking in the right place!) I could get a Xone 92 used and the DVS for less. I would be curious to know how do you get your turntables working with Traktor using the DJM T1?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast