Keystroke to MIDI programs for Windows?

Default Keystroke to MIDI programs for Windows?

Hey guys, I saw a thread on a forum with a list of free softwares that do this, but i can't remember where it was.
    I know there is Bomes, but i'm cheap ass and i can't afford it.

I'm looking for somehing straightfoward ( I'm new to this) I want to have my numpad as a drum rack, like for example i press a button and set it as the C3 note.

Is this possible? There was this one thing for Max on the youtubes

But i open the patcher in a max instrument that i put on a channel. It doesn't do shit (I am doing this on a keyboard though not just a numpad)

Tech Student

You can simply do this with key map feature in Ableton... Just press in the top right corner on "Key" and then you can map any key on your keyboard including the numpad to any feature in Ableton.

No i want to map it to individual slots in the drum rack, which you can't do with that function.

Tech Student

Well it works for me...

the free version of bomes can def convert from midi to keystrokes - you sure it can't do the other way round too? u don't need to buy the pro version unless u want to do more complex stuff afaik
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Nah man, i've got it, i'll check again just incase.