Doing a fashion show (lingerie) looking for a few more indie tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doing a fashion show (lingerie) looking for a few more indie tracks

OK I've not enlisted the hive mind of DJTT for track selection but i'd like to get a few pointers on some indie dance tracks that are pretty straight forward. Looked through Gomma Dance label and a few others and am looking for more in the vein of Munk, Who Made Who...I've a few disco'y tracks that have some good vocal elements and are just groovy but need more down to earth tracks for good balance.
    So far I like Munk's Bored Heart and Violent Love and may even throw in Love and Rockets "Alive". Some of the more spacey stuff I may include come from the likes of Toomy Disco's "Washing Machine" remix and stuff from DashGo label like Samba Soul and Gifted.
    I'm looking at filling in up to 30 minutes of runway time with girls showing off a friend's refashioned lingerie. It's not high culture sexy but more whimsical sexy if that makes sense. I don't care too much about pleasing a mixed audience than not getting tracks that are overpowering--focus on the girls you know

really appreciate any help and pointers you guys and girls can throw my way.

Not sure if these are your type of stuff, but here are a few of my favourite kind of disco'y / indie dance tracks

Tensnake - You Know It I Know It (Original Mix)
    Remute - Welcome to Your Doom (Punks Jump Up remix)
    Spank Rock - Energy (Glimmers Remix)
    Baxter - PLACID MIND Original Mix

bit faster and less disco'y, buttt
    Might - NINTH HOUR GIRLS Aniki Remix

I'll be able to give you more in the morning when I can check my full library on my laptop.
    brainfried - http://soundcloud.com/brainfried - http://www.facebook.com/DJbrainfried
    Kontrol S4 - Audio 2 - MidiFighter Classic - Akai MPD26 - Torq Xponent (retired)

simian mobile disco - hustler
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Can't go wrong with tensnake - love it!
    That Might track is gonna work fantastically lot's of ways out of that one and some good shit going on.
    simian mobile is a download for me too. really digging that one
    Really appreciate it guys! Just made my day with some fresh perspective.
    Last edited by space monkey; 04-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.

This may sound a little bit weird, but check out the FIFA soundtracks. I've loved every single one, and it might just work for what you need.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Kraak & Smaak are always a good choice
    try their Thinking back (i remember seeing a excellent video of a lingerie show with it as a soundtrack, fits like a slap to a fool) and my current favorite: Kraak And Smaak Feat Lex Empress - Hold Back Love (Lovebirds Remix)

K&S stuff i got I always keep an eye out for their work. And Lovebirds always put a nice touch on things ...probably go that route warming up before the show which is really going to be a mish mash of things for the background. Looking for something a little more driving for the actual runway portion I want to be carefull not to be pretentious for this crowd. This is more a street smart show with bright lights than lace-stitched silk and blue atmosphere. But good tunes you put up nonetheless.
    I hate doing pre-planned sets like this...really stresses me out when my collection for a particular style is weak or lacks cohesion. Plus I always change my mind what to do, damn that bugs me. The three hour set afterwards is what I excited for.
    Checked out a FIFA soundtrack (2012?) and nothing really stood out for me. I'll check out a few others later on tonight.

thanks again everyone!

As I just stumbled upon it somewhere in my Hold Bin and thought it might fit: check out Perseus - Running Back To You
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

This might be one time where you will naturally keep your eyes off the laptop =p?

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    This may sound a little bit weird, but check out the FIFA soundtracks. I've loved every single one, and it might just work for what you need.
    +1, even going as far back as 06, the FIFA soundtracks are really solid; they also range from rock, disco, indie/alternative, electronica/indie dance etc.

also maybe check indie dance/nu disco beatport? kinda mainstream but good nonetheless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast