CDJ-350, DJM-350 setup, need buying tips
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ-350, DJM-350 setup, need buying tips

Hey guys, I'm really new to this and am looking to purchase 2 CDJ-350's and DJM-350 today.

I just had a question regarding monitors and accessories. Is it possible to hook up to a computer speaker set (Creative L3800)?

I know I should probably get some basic studio monitors, but I'm trying to not buy everything all at once and max out my credit card limit.

If the computer speakers are a no, then can you give some recommendations on what monitors I should get? Looking for something inexpensive as I am just learning and will be practicing for a while.

Also, what cables would I need to connect the mixer to the speakers or the monitors?

Look forward to your suggestions!

Tech Mentor

Hello mate, Welcome to the forum.

I'm presuming your computer speakers will have a 3.5mm jack so to connect them to your mixer you'll need one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000I23TTE plugged straight into your master out.

Hope that helps.

Yes it's possible.
    An easy way for you is buying a adapter that looks like this http://www.computercableinc.com/ccin...Cables&id=3138
    and you put your 3.5mm which usually goes into your comp to the black end and the white/red into the mixer master output (djm 350).
    You are on the right way to get better speakers, it will be worth it for sure. I'm crying all the time i see people with 4000 dollar mixertables and 50 dollar speakers.
    If I were you i'd look for used cdj 400s instead of the cdj 350, then you will save enough money for a decent pair of speakers, like the yamaha HM80. The 350 is nothing that i recommend.. the jogwheel is pure shit compared to other stuff.