S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 5.0 Beta]- The Next Level
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 5.0 Beta]- The Next Level

Hey everyone,

It's finally here! But, before we continue, some quotes to set the right mind and mood.

Uncle Ben
    talking to Peter (Spiderman)
    With great power there must also come great responsibility!

Jimbob
    in a comment on DigitalDJ.com
    Sample decks, loops, FX etc. are the next level. If your mixes suck without them, they won’t get better with them. Oh how many nights have been spoiled by some clueless guy overusing the beatmasher.
    That said, everyone who knows my previous mappings, I'd like you to try and just forget them. Now we are going to go to the next level!

What's new!

• The ability to have up to 14 effect modes or groupings
    • The ability to quickly select through the modes with the C and D deck gain knobs
    • The ability to increment or step through effects in a grouping. Theoretically increasing the possible number of effect modes to 28
    • A better work flow for working with other controllers

If you are new to my FX Jogs mappings, you can go back through the old threads starting with this one and have a nice read. You can get an idea what you are getting into. If you want to start at the beginning, have at it.

Please note: There are two different mappings in the download below. One is the "Builder" and only has one FX mode just as an example FX grouping, so those who are interested in mapping their own effects can have a go at the other 13 modes. The second version is the "FULL" version and is the one I'll continue to add effect groupings as I get suggestions from other users or come up with my own ideas. The FULL version 5.0 beta only has 6 effect modes at the moment. You can read up on them and a bit on what they can do in the documentation in the download.

This first version is a BETA and is not ready for live performances. I have added some documentation in the download, but the section for mapping new effect groupings is missing and will be added for the gold version. I hope to have the gold running in a couple of weeks and I hope to spawn some creative juices for those effects wizards for some ideas on new and cool effects groupings. This mapping opens a whole new realm of FX jogs.

Copyright and Usage

Anyone can use this mapping free of charge for their own personal or professional use. It MAY NOT be uploaded to any other web site for download or passed on to third parties in its original or modified form without my authorization. Downloading the pakage below automatically signifies your acceptance to these usage rules.

That's it! I hope you like is and as always, have fun! I am looking forward to any and all constructive feedback.

scamo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Again a great Job with this Mapping, but I recognize a few Bugs, I think.

- When I hit Load, none of the FX Panels is activated in the Traktor Mixer
    - Eans Beatmasher doesn't set a Floating Cue
    - All Presets above Mode don't seem to work. In these Modes, there is no FX Active an the Jog modifies only the Delay in Slot 3 of FX 1 or 2
    - I pressed the Reset Conbo a few Times and they didn't seem to work.

May the reason is, that I use Traktor 2.1.3 but in my opinion, there can't be this much Modifying in the Controller editor.

Greets and Happy Easter!

Hi Bassfly,

- When I hit Load, none of the FX Panels is activated in the Traktor Mixer
    That's because the load button no longer controls panel activation. You need to select a mode with "Shift + Gain Knob", then the effect panels will be activated. (and part of the somewhat better workflow with other controllers)

- Eans Beatmasher doesn't set a Floating Cue
    I took this out, as I have found just stopping the track, twisting the loop move encoder or pressing a set hot cue point is better. Plus, if you set a floating cue point, you can't have a running loop and also beatmash, which is also sometimes quite fun.

- All Presets above Mode don't seem to work. In these Modes, there is no FX Active an the Jog modifies only the Delay in Slot 3 of FX 1 or 2
    Not sure what you mean here, but there are only 6 modes of a possible 14 in the mapping. 1-5 and 8. So, that would be normal operation, if you have selected a mode other than the 6 that are mapped.

- I pressed the Reset Conbo a few Times and they didn't seem to work.
    They should reset everything to "0". From there, if the load button is lit, you should be able to just press "Shift + Twist Gain Knob" and select your effect mode and start over.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Tech Wizard

Allright, that cleared some things for me (Which are wrong mentined in the PDF).

I try your suggestion with the modes later. We will see

Hmm...I wrote the manual stuff late last night and I was pretty tired. I'll go through it again and make sure I don't have any bigger mistakes.

Edit/- Ok, a couple of minor mistakes. The filter is no longer in the The Riffer effect and I didn't really explain the "incrementing" of the effects in Ean's Beatmasher. But for the most part, everything looks pretty much correct. If you could give me some feedback where my explanations were possibly poor or incorrect, I'll fix them, if need be. I'll fix the mistakes I've just noted in the gold version manual.

Thanks!

scamo

Tech Wizard

Hi Scamo. One question. Is it possible to remap the "filter" knob to one of your filter effect? I do not think defult settings on the knob is good.

xoxo

Um, default setting on the knob? Remap the filter knob? I don't understand what you mean. There is no filter knob used in this mapping.

scamo

Has anyone figured out how to use the incrementing effects modes? Modes 1 and 8 have incremental progressions. Press "Shift" and the jog wheel touch. That starts the incremental effect. Then press only the jog wheel touch to continue and see what happens.

scamo

Tech Wizard

haha.. my bad.

I know that. As you may know yourself, the "filter" knob on the S4 is not something you hang on the Christmas tree. If I must be honest, the effect sucks.
    What I mean is IF you can remap it to some other kind of filter effect?

Ah, ok. What you are asking for doesn't really have to do with anything in my mapping. You might want to start a new thread in the S4 forum.

scamo

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast