Previewing Individual Decks w/ a 4 Deck Traktor Setup

Default Previewing Individual Decks w/ a 4 Deck Traktor Setup

I'm sure there's a very simple answer to this question, but I've been digging, making aggregate midi devices, and tangling up a mess of cords trying to figure this out.

I've been using an Audio 4, some midi controllers, and a Behringer DDM4000 to DJ for almost two years now, and it has been a blast. Well, that was when I was using 2 decks exclusively, but now I want to graduate to a 4 deck setup in Traktor, but I still want to preview my tracks.

I was using the mixer and the Audio 4 to isolate each deck on the mixer, but at this point I wouldn't mind just midi-ing out the entire mixer, I just want to retain that preview functionality.

Is there anyway to do this with a MacBook Pro and an Audio 4 or will I be stuck to 2 decks until I invest in an Audio 8?

Thanks guys. Been a huge fan of the site for quite some time, but I'm not a very frequent poster. Crucify me softly if you must.

*edit* I'm game for a solution, no matter how "ghetto tech" or "bootleg" it may be.
    Last edited by acsummerfield; 04-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Unless you upgrade you interface or mix internally, you won't be able to cue all four decks I believe.

I'm fine with mixing internally and just using my mixer as another midi controller, I just want to still be able to preview each track. Is that doable with the Audio 4 or will I still need to upgrade my interface in order to preview each deck?

Yeah, it's doable with the Audio 4 if you wanna go the internal route.

If you are going 100% MIDI then when you choose 'internal' mixer mode, you'll have a 'master' and 'monitor' output from your audio4.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

If you go internal you just need 2 outputs so even an Audio 2 interface would do it
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Oh! Perfect!

And I take it that any deck that I hit the preview icon on would preview through the monitor then?

Correctamundo
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud