Routing the headphone jack into an AK1
    Tech Guru

Default Routing the headphone jack into an AK1

I am trying to figure out how to route the headphone out on my Macbook into my AK1. The idea being that if Traktor crashes or if I want to do a "mashup" with for example the daft punk flash movie, I can route the audio into AK1. However I am not getting any sound, not even with the direct monitoring. Also input 1/2 never light up when I plug the cable into either into the XLR or the line mic.

I think I tried pretty much every permutation of buttons and I tried to follow the various sections I found in the manual about mic's. Should the light come up .. or do I need a "proper" mic to get them to light up? Unfortunately I do not have a mic to test this handy ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

i think the problem here is that the AK1 is the primary sound card & when it is plugged in is chosen over the onboard sound card when the computer is started, so that when the AK1 is in use you cannot use the onboard card unless the computer is restarted. forgive me if am wrong i know fudge all about mac's!

also it is possible to use the mic/line2 on the ak1 as a line in, there is a switch on the front of the ak1 that probably conpensates for the change in db+/- on a mic i cant know for sure as i cant be asked to get up & look lol!

hope this helps....
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Tech Guru

yeah .. i have plugged the cable into both ports and i have tried all possible combinations of buttons to press.

as for the sound config on the mac. i can select the output source. i have obviously tested if there is sound without the headphone cable, but also when directly attaching a headphone all while the ak1 is running music from the same laptop out of traktor.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Moved this to the appropriate forum.

Please read the FAQ
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall