Most reputable DJ schools in North America?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most reputable DJ schools in North America?

Other than Dubspot, anyone know any others?

Scratch Academy?

http://www.scratch.com

or this DJTT blog post with an online dj school comparison: http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/02/1...ls-comparison/

forgot to mention it's for schools not specializing in scratching...

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    forgot to mention it's for schools not specializing in scratching...
    scratch academy does not only specialize in scratching. They also have courses in mixing and music production. I went to their open house at the one here in Miami, just to check it out and network.

however, I am considering taking the scratch 102 class.

>_<

Can't believe what I'm reading.

i'm not actually taking classes, i'm just researching something. and what's so wrong about taking djing classes anyways? have you ever seen dubspot? now that's just a straight up fun experience. you get the best of the best teaching you what's up, you get to network with all sorts of people, learn the ins and outs, pretty dam cool if you ask me. do you need to go to a dj school to learn how to dj? absolutely not. can it be a cool experience? most definately.

on that note, i will look into scratch academy. any others?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    >_<

Can't believe what I'm reading.
    what´s wrong with talking classes?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

You'd be better off finding a local DJ who you respect and paying them for one on one "sessions". Would be far cheaper and more productive than going to Scratch Academy or Dubspot. Those schools are just designed for suckers.

Yeah the idea of paying for a course seems ridiculous, especially with Youtube, forums, etc etc. so much free advice out there, shit when I started there was none of this, I learnt from trial and error and a bit of help from some older local DJs (people love to help, I've helped out a few younger guys over the last few years the same way I was looked after by the older guys years ago).

I can't imagine what they really even teach in these courses? I suppose though with the amount of DJs coming through who can't even hook up a basic mixer to an amp it's probably not the worst idea.....

Tech Guru

If you been doing it for a long time, it does seem kinda cool to possibly learn some new things thru the experience of guys like Shiftee and Endo and be able to pick their brains. Seems like a waist though, if all they're doing is teaching you basics...anyone could really do that. It's like paying Q-bert to teach you how to properly backspin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast