Acapellas -- Where Do You Get Them?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Acapellas -- Where Do You Get Them?

My first post is a question, how about that. Well I am fairly new to the whole digital DJ thing, as most people are I feel, I have played a couple parties and the lot but I feel I have one major problem in my sets. Lack. Of. Acapellas. I have tried to search them out online and what have you but I always feel like they're low quality (as in you can tell someone just did some crafty EQing and lowered the rest of the instruments but some still poke through like the mids or whatever. I realize this is how most of them get out as most artists and what not don't release just acapellas. It's either that or they're just a really low quality rate.) but some people have amazing, crisp, clean vocal tracks to work with and I feel like I could really spice things up with some. So I am here, asking you, oh Gods of DJing and all of that, where is a good place to find acapellas?! Thanks in advance and if this is an absurdly terrible question and I look like a total knob, disregard this all together.

P.S. The few acapellas I do have always seem to have this weird echo in them, is there any particular reason? I have read that it's to make it easier to drop into a track but it never seems that way to me and is always slightly off for whatever reason. Once again, if this is a stupid question, just ignore me.

dammit:

why would you think you need vocals to make things "better"?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Just to spice things up? I don't know. People around here really respond to hearing familiar vocals over new instrumentals like creating a bootleg or something. Not make things better per-se but I think there's really something to using acapellas in a unique way that could create good energy and a certain mood in the club from what I have observed. I didn't mean just flat playing the acapella over a track but doing some controllerism techniques with cueing certain parts of a vocal track and warping it just sounds like a good idea to me but I need to actually find the acapella first which is what I am having a hard time doing.

what are having a hard time finding?

Just a good reliable source that I could browse around. A forum maybe? Tracker? I mean, I know Beatport and sites like that have like a DJ Tools section which sometimes has the vocal stem of a song but that's only very specific ones. Maybe I am asking too much and I have no idea what I am talking about haha.

not at all...you are searching for something...

two or three turns of the shovel is not digging...

Yea, I have like 200ish acapellas, and they were a b**** to find.

Quote Originally Posted by kamjongill View Post
    Yea, I have like 200ish acapellas, and they were a b**** to find.
    That's what I mean haha I just can't seem to find any as if they don't exist but I know they do because I have seen them used by people in clubs around here but I just never thought to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Dygenguard View Post
    That's what I mean haha I just can't seem to find any as if they don't exist but I know they do because I have seen them used by people in clubs around here but I just never thought to ask.
    You can check sites like: Acapellas4U, DeeJay Portal, or YouTube search. Other than that, there are ways to make them yourself, but it's a tedious process from what I hear.

I mainly use acapellas4u.co.uk, or make them myself.
    brainfried - http://soundcloud.com/brainfried - http://www.facebook.com/DJbrainfried
    Kontrol S4 - Audio 2 - MidiFighter Classic - Akai MPD26 - Torq Xponent (retired)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast