About headset

Thread: About headset

Tech Student

Default About headset

Ok, first of all is , i am not a dj
    but i listen alot of music
    and i play piano ... i got a digital piano and some software
    to let me write my own piano scripts

but i think i still need a headphone, that can let me use for music composing
    maybe in next few years i will get use to it
    i didn't do that much research on headset, i know not much of
    Nominal Impedance,Sound Pressure Level,frequency response
    my budget is around 300-400usd , any recommendations ?
    if can please tell me the reason or why that's your recommendations

Hey there Cyyap95 and welcome.

Do you mean that you want a headset which is a headphone with mic or would you settle for just a headphone without mic?

However I would recommend this headphone from the company Sennheiser, it is widely used both proffesionally and on the consumer market. http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...dphones_502188

They will release a new model of the same headphone like in a week, called "amperior". This model will have a microphone for use with iPhone.

Tech Student

ya i was interested on this brand too, but there's so much choices and i not sure which one suit me...
    the one you show me is about my maximum budget
    may i ask you about the quality of senn wireless headset?
    and the amperior i will check it out ltr

well, if you want headphones for djing i would not recommend wireless headphones, thus they use battery which can die on you and you also have to bring the dock which sends the signal to the headphones with you if you want to use it for example in a club.
    However sennheiser makes plenty of good wireless headphones, for example the RD120. It's good bang for the buck, but suited for home use.
    I've tried the amperior and they are a bit heavier than their younger brother hd25, thats because the cups are made of metal instead of plastic on them. The sound characteristics are pretty much the same on both, the new amperior is a bit more bass heavy, they actually put in new elements in them so they should not sound exactly the same.
    I enjoy using both of them for djing/home use and recommend them.
    Other options you have is the Xone 53D headphone which is in about the same price bracket, some people like it.
    Sony MDR-700 is also a appreciated model.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Sony MDR-700 is also a depreciated model.
    Fixed that for ya... the 700's do break, are DJ orientated (loud and bass enhanced), heavy and are sound is VERY colored. Where it comes to musical composition/studio work they are pretty useless and it looks as though you are going to be using these in the studio/production work primarily right? Which means you want a reasonably flat resposnce headphone.

I'd look at getting Sony MDR-V6 or 7506 or Sennheiser HD25's as these are pretty much been industry standard studio headphones for years.

Honestly a search for headphones.. seriously theres a hundred threads with tons of opinions.

They will release a new model of the same headphone like in a week, called "amperior". This model will have a microphone for use with iPhone.
    Why on earth would you want a professional headphone to have an iPhone mic ?

to use it on the go, subway, bus? duh
    I have separate headphones for that but it's not a bad idea if you want to save some cash and like the style/comfort/sound then you only need 1 pair of headphones, and i am one for sure who would not manage without mic and answer button for my phone.
    Never used the sony mdr-700 myself so i can't give a better opinion on them.
    As deevey says, there is a lot of answers to your questions if you search a bit.
    the brand AKG has some nice phones which is suitable for studio/dj. Also take a look at Beyerdynamic.

Tech Convert

Check out the forum boards on equipment.