Mixers and external effects what's nessesary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixers and external effects what's nessesary

So just wondering if some fellow Dj's can shed there opinion on Mixers and external effects more so on the below...

Currently I have a pair of CDJ-900's and an Allen & Heath Xone 62, I'm using usb link for music to my CDJ's, so other then the filters on my Xone 62 and the CDJ looping, slip mode etc I don't really have actual effects to play with... I was planning on changing my mixer to a DJM-900 Nexus to go with my CDJ's and open up more connection options with the Rekordbox software, CDJ's and the DJM etc and to give myself a bunch of effects... but... now Pioneer are releasing there RMX-1000 which looks like a lot of fun to...

So if i purchaced the RMX-1000 is there really any need for a mixer with effects on top of th

Thanks

Tech Wizard

I would get the RMX - 1000, There seem to be a lot more creative possibilities with that. Plus you can do some cool chains with the filters on the 62 combined with the RMX.

Depends if you want a RMX-1000 or not- it looks like the FX on the RMX are meant to compliment and add to what you would get on a 900 and don't really replace those FX.

Honestly I would get a 900 nexus (or even better a DB4 for a little more) long before looking at a RMX-1000, but I'm not a huge fan of the 62 with so many better A&H mixers now.

If I were you I wouldn't buy a mixer for home that I wouldn't find in club's booths.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the feed back everyone.

I was looking at the DB4 but it is more expensive, I know all the equipment i'm looking at is, but any money I can save helps as i'm sure you all know lol... So does anyone know how the DB2 sizes up to the DJM-900???
    atm I'm leaning towards purchasing the djm-900 first as I spent a lot on the CDJ's so it would be nice to open up all the connection options available when using the CDJ's with a DJM-900 - the main reason I was asking if I could get away with just purchasing the RMX-1000 is the price difference DJM-900: over $2000 the RMX-1000: just over $1000 quite a big difference lol but as "DOPE" mentioned above it's not a bad idea to be able to learn/use equipment most commenly used at clubs

Tech Wizard

I think i'm gonna have to go with the 900 seems to be the best way to go for me atm

No i'm in Canada so those prices are in "CAD" I took those prices from a store near me so I'm pretty sure they'll be the commen sale prices for Canada

I'd barter for lower prices anytime I go into a music store I always try to loose some cents off of mixers and cdjs and shit like that. Especially since our dollar is worth more then us dollar currently.

What sore you going to that seems high even for up here

Tech Wizard

oh ye for sure most places can usually do better, on there site the 900 is listed at just over 2000 then I'd be taxed on top of that. . . I'm pretty sure long and mcquades is about the same price... the store I usually go to is Moogaudio DT Toronto, I don't really like buying equipment from online or display items, I like to buy new from a store I can go back to anytime if there's any issues with the purchased item

I found long Macquarie usually will bargain only local store near me but I'm in sask so that's why

I would keep the 62 and go with the rmx 1000 - atleast thats my plan for my non-computer setup.
    I prefer the a&h analogue mixers over the digital ones. (don't get me wrong, I wouldnt say no to a free db4).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast