DJ-Tech gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ-Tech gear

Tech Convert

Default DJ-Tech gear

Hey, I work at a small local music store in the DJ/production department and we are looking for suppliers. Has anyone had any experience with DJ-Tech? Its one of the few brands I have found that doesn't require you to buy 25k of gear at a time

I have own a few of their things from the cdj101 with 14bit fader resolution and hi res jog wheels to the djm101 and really enjoy them. Can't bring myself to part with them. i think they're worth more than what i could get second hand for them. Very good value for money. they don't get much love on this forum though.

i have the djm101 and think it's not half bad. i don't know why people here don't seem to like them. i did get mine very cheap but would have paid more. i can't really fault it as a small, simple 2 channel midi mixer. quality is fine and does what it says on the tin. i changed the knobs but mostly so they stood out more.

11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

where did you get the knobs?

was waiting for you to chime in Zestoi!
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    where did you get the knobs?
    pretty sure it was these from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130518842929#ht_896wt_1165 they're a good fit tho i did add a spot of glue as well. they've got a nicer feel and make it look a lot better i think. cost less than 10quid all in for the 8knobs so not bad.

was waiting for you to chime in Zestoi!
    indeed seeing as i think we're about the only people to own the djm101 on this forum not sure if i'll keep using it if/when i get a k2 but one idea would be to use the k2 for remix decks and keep using the djm101 for decks a+b. then the djm101+k2+launchpad would give me all the controls i'd need for a small setup apart from jogs and a new behringer PL-1 may well fit that gap...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

had not thought about changing the knobs. mine could do with a face lift to rekindle the love! cheers dude!
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

what do u think about the jog wheel on your reloops btw? i want 1 or 2 modular controllers with decent jogs sometime soon and had been looking at the new behringer pl-1 or maybe the older dnsc2000. they both have 10cm-ish jogs which looks about the same as the reloop? i'd forgotten about that controller...

Very happy with them. had to adjust the acceleration in traktor. they are a steel at the mo.. i can beatmatch perfectly and they have 5 output midi signals per jog. if that makes sense. will post some pics soon. even mapped a fader to a pitch control using the built in modifier. And set to pitch to 8percent. works great.fine adjustments using the rotary encoder. that's only if you want to beat match though. I am glad i chose them over the dn2000

5 per jog as in one per deck u mean? or referring to note on/off when touch+releasing etc? they are cheaper than i thought - about 150gbp on uk ebay. the behringer pl-1 will be even cheaper maybe but doesn't look as solid. more decisions the form factor of the reloop or pl-1 look like they might fit better next to a k2 in a booth etc than a dnsc2000 anyway.

the jogs actually send 10x4 different midi messages due to hardware shifts...

the blue scratch, pitchbend, search, trax buttons change this with all off sending a different message again. To get the other 5 messages that is done by holding "shift"... the further 30 is because you can globally shift everything 4 times for 4 deck control.

The only downsides to it are no pitch fader, and the led rings around the encoder's are hard to see unless you are positioned well above the controller. It is a very indepth peice of equipment that compliments an external mixer perfectly if you use sync..

Jog is 256 ticks....

Last edited by synthet1c; 04-11-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast