Traktor + sound card routing issue

Default Traktor + sound card routing issue

I've been mixing for over a year now using virtual dj with an external sound card with no problems at all. I recently tried to get the same setup going with Traktor 2, and for some reason I can get the master audio to go out of the sound card, but I can't get a cue output using my onboard sound card the way I would with VDJ.
    . . I was just wondering if anybody could share any insight or help to get it running!

u can only select one soundcard in traktor. sounds like you're trying to use an external one and an internal one? on mac u can create an aggregate device (i think) and on windows you should just be able to use asio4all, choose that as your soundcard which will then aggregate your actual sound cards together.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Thanks for the help!! It took a bit of fumbling around with asio4all, but I got it. Much appreciated!

cool, no problem i'd be interested on what u think of traktor coming from vdj, i'm thinking of buying vdj sometime as well as having traktor.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I totally forgot about this... Thanks again for the help back then! hah.

Just thought i would follow up after getting (more than) used to Traktor. In my opinion it's a big step up from VDj. The big thing I notice was the audio quality.. much nicer, especially if you're doing key changes with the songs! I always found vdj to get a bit weird when I did key changes.

I couldn't be happier with the switch though.