VCI-100 Doesn't turn on after updating firmware.
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Doesn't turn on after updating firmware.

I followed the procedure in the firmware update tutorial, and it seemed to have worked. I got a success message at the end of the Flash Dev Tool kit process. But now my VCI won't turn on. At first it did turn on, but the jog wheels lit up red instead of blue, and nothing worked in Traktor (using NI's latest midi mapping, which worked before the firmware upgrade). But then I disconnected the VCI and restarted my computer and now nothing turns on at all. Please help!

Thanks,

Rob

Hey sorry to hear you're having problems. I would suggest opening the board back up and checking to make sure you properly reconnected everything and that you didn't bump or damage any of the other connections during your process. I didn't have this problem you're describing, but after I closed my board back up I realized that I hadn't reconnected everything. I hadn't tried to turn the board on at this point so I don't know if it would have caused the issues you are describing but its worth a shot. Good luck.
    15" Macbook Pro D2.6ghz: SSL, 1200's/CDJ 400's, DJM 400 / Ableton Live 8, APC 40.

here is what you have to check. re-open the vci and make sure that the the cable next to where you put the firmware kit is hooked up. that is the most common issue after the upgrade.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

sounds like you didn't put everything back together properly like Jesc pointed out. Let us know if your problem is solved.

Tech Convert

Default Exact same problem with my vci

I still can't turn my vci 100 on ,after the upgrade, it never turned back on, I have the exact same problem only my red jogwheel lights come on ,but thats only when I hold the top loop button on,one of djtt techs is trying to help me ,he says my vci is still in upgrade mode, which makes sense because I followed every step correctly and I made sure I hit disconnect turned vci off,removed the firmware plate and plugged back the harness ,Did you ever got your vci out of upgrade mode ?,please let me know ?,thanks,I really want to have the awesome 2.2 tks file. thanks.
    Last edited by Sammyz; 05-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Unhappy same problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyz View Post
    I still can't turn my vci 100 on ,after the upgrade, it never turned back on, I have the exact same problem only my red jogwheel lights come on ,but thats only when I hold the top loop button on,one of djtt techs is trying to help me ,he says my vci is still in upgrade mode, which makes sense because I followed every step correctly and I made sure I hit disconnect turned vci off,removed the firmware plate and plugged back the harness ,Did you ever got your vci out of upgrade mode ?,please let me know ?,thanks,I really want to have the awesome 2.2 tks file. thanks.
    I just upgraded to the 1.3 also and my vci will not power on at all. I get the SRecord message also. It says image written successfully but it won't come on. I play every week and right now I am DOA. I need to get this fixed asap. Did you ever figure this out? Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    sounds like you didn't put everything back together properly like Jesc pointed out. Let us know if your problem is solved.
    Same problem here. I double checked everything before hooking back up and my unit won't come back on. I am in deep trouble here and need help.

verify if everything inside is well connected. It can be as trivial as that.

Default no luck

this is what i get
    Flash Development Toolkit and flash programming components
    are provided without support

FDT API initialised: version 4, 02, 00, 008
    Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM1'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM1' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Received immediate response from device: 0xAA
    Using micro-Kernel : 'C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.02\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\uGen3052.cde'
    Downloading and verifying micro kernel...
    Device is erasing...
    Erase Timeout value set to 21 seconds
    Erase Successful
    micro-Kernel download successful
    Sending inquiry for getting line size
    Buffer size has been set to default (128 bytes)
    Sending selection of device command
    Selection of Device - Device selected, code 0302
    Sending selection of clock mode
    Sending selection of clock mode
    Selection of Clock Mode - Clock selected, code 0
    Changing baud rate to 38400 bps
    Set baud rate value = 38400
    Downloading main kernel 'C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.02\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\Genm3052.cde'
    Main kernel download complete...
    Connection complete
    Processing file :"C:\Program Files\vci-100se_13_firmware.zip"
    Processing file :"C:\Program Files\vci-100se_13_firmware.zip"
    Operation on User Flash
    Downloaded the operation module
    Writing image to device... [0x00000000 - 0x00005FFF]
    Data programmed at the following positions:
    0x00000000 - 0x00005FFF Length : 0x00006000
    24 K programmed in 11 seconds
    Image successfully written to device

Where it says processing file:"C\Program Files etc" I get the two messages that says "this is not a SRecord file loading raw data" What does this mean

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I will repeat my answer in this thread for other who come across this post with the same problem.

If you look through the log text he has posted you can see this

"Processing file :"C:\Program Files\vci-100se_13_firmware.zip"

This means you are trying to program it with the zip file, you must extract the firmware from the zip before you can use it.

ez mistake

Cheers,

Mike