looking for a controller
    Tech Convert

Default looking for a controller

So i bought a Numark Total control a few months back and used it on Traktor3. It was pretty decent but i felt i needed to do more. so i upgraded to traktor pro...needless to say, the total control wasnt fully compatible with all of the pro features (effects, beatgrip, loops etc.). I've stopped using the total control and started experimenting with 3-4 track mixing. Im not the best at it, but i feel i can keep a steady beat without too many train wrecks. Anyways back to the point, Im looking for something that i can mix multiple tracks with (without having to $2500+ for a xone 3 or 4d). does anyone know of a controller i can use. Im not too expirienced with midi mapping. I saw that the vci100 SE had the option for a Track C control. idk....please help. im pretty tired of making mixes with a mouse pad on my laptop

I recommend that you learn about midi mappings. It's very easy to do, but its time consuming. You don't need 2000$ midi controller to use 3 decks. I'm sure you can control at least 4 decks with your total control, just use modifiers in Traktor.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, you can use the modifiers to do a LOT of things in Traktor, it's just a pain in the ass to code cause of their stupid interface. But, regardless, you can do it, especially if you combine hotkey assignments with the MIDI controller.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

thanks for the advice guys...is there any chance you could point me in the right direction as far as MIDI mapping. maybe an article or post...etc. Thanks a million!

There are a couple of modifier posts on this forum and on the blog. Just do some searches around the General Discussion and blog post. Are you still on T3 or have you upgraded to TPro?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Traktor Scratch Pro

Yeah, then I'd say just use modifiers to take advantage of the controllers you have, maybe add one small one on (like a pad controller, or a keyboard) and you'd be golden
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall