trak v vdj

Thread: trak v vdj

Tech Wizard

Default trak v vdj

is it only me or dose trak have better recording quality than vdj i started using trak as of today and i must say i think the sound quality is better .. am i only thinking this ?? =]

I think it's just you.

Seriously, though, what are you hearing that is better? I'm pretty sure both programs record to lossless formats...

Are you sure it's not just the the excitement of your new software?

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Wizard

i dont know man, it just sounds crisper n clearer

it's because vdj's eq sounds terrible compared to traktors... but in vdj you can use vst's, I use "minimal systems instruments - ultimate 3 band" in vdj and traktor's eq sounds terrible compared to it ...

Also the thing vdj is missing for recording that I believe traktor has is a way to monitor and set the level for recording, at present you have to do test runs and adjust the level in your soundcard control pannel, It's a huge oversight in the current version but should be fixed in VDJ8 though, and you will also have the ability to dial in your eq frequencies and hopefully the curve
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

i knew i wasnt going bad its a big differance

Tech Mentor

No way to monitor the levels of the recording input? Man that would really suck.

I always thought traktor's EQ's are crap. The default for a TSP install is the ecler NUO of all things... its a good thing I use external mixing.

yep it does, that's why I use adobe audition on my netbook with an audio 2 soundcard... that way I can really monitor the levels...

About the eq's.. that plugin gives most digital mixers a run for their money...

Tech Wizard

I have noticed a difference in quality, even if VDJ's audio quality is raised. Trakotor is just.... too amazing

http://soundcloud.com/fjl92/niice-an...-prt-2-fabiios

Tech Mentor

VDJ has absolutely horrible timestretch quality. If you have keylock on, and pitching up or down even a little, you will hear a difference to Traktor.

I disagree with the time stretching... you obviously weren't using the advanced time stretching setting... it sounds perfect up to -25% and +40%... but you need a pretty powerful computer to handle it... but honestly I never go past +/-8% and it sounds great with that plugin and the standard time stretching.