Choosing controllers!!!!!
    Tech Convert

Default Choosing controllers!!!!!

Hello
    first I am sorry for my english mistakes its not my first language.So I am new to Dj-ing and I am practising with traktor pro 2. I want for my birthday a new controller so I have dillema.I am dont know wich controller to buy?This is the prices in my country.So i was thinking about this package http://www.artist.ba/images/product/...17_photo_1.jpg wich is Numark Mixtrack Pro with Numark PHX dj usb headphones and it is about 245 euros and Novation Twitch wich is about 350 euros.I dont need jog wheels for scratching becouse I am mixing only tehno and electro music.And can you tell me is there glitches with NI Traktor pro 2?

the twitch is quite a step up from the mixtrack pro in terms of build quality and controls. the main plus for the mixtrack is that it has pretty decent jogs for the money - but if you're not bothered about jogs you'd have a lot more potential with the twitch.

there's a lot more traktor mappings around for the mixtrack as it's older and (i think) ships with a copy of traktor LE. the twitch ships with itch, so you'll have to pay extra to buy traktor.

this isn't such a big deal now tho - as there's no "upgrade from traktor LE" price any more anyway - they've just slashed the price of buying traktor pro to 89usd. and you *will* want traktor pro instead of traktor LE.

on the plus side the twitch will also give u the option of using itch ofc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

First thanks for reply.Second I allready have Traktor Pro 2 becouse I wanted to know first the softwear before i bought hardwear.

Question:Becouse you cant (as far as i know) mix with mouse in Itch I would like know wich program is better?

Quote Originally Posted by pakljuz
    I would like know wich program is better?

Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post

lol

Quote Originally Posted by pakljuz View Post
    First thanks for reply.Second I allready have Traktor Pro 2 becouse I wanted to know first the softwear before i bought hardwear.

Question:Becouse you cant (as far as i know) mix with mouse in Itch I would like know wich program is better?
    there is no better or worse only different... by all accounts itch is very good so seeing as the twitch is probably better for you than the mixtrack then that would then let u to use both itch and traktor anyway.

vdj is also very good and has more mapping possibilities natively than traktor. itch afaik is more limited in mapping options as it's designed to be a 1-to-1 map with any itch certified controller.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post

My boss just shot me the dirtiest look for how hard I laughed lol

OP, there is a LOT of support on this forum for Traktor, and lots of mappings. Also, if you are looking to mix music, the mixtrack is a good choice. If you are wanting to get into controllerism, jump on the twitch.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

OP, the twitch would be great for controllerism, fun effects, and the like. It's also an awesome unit that you can use for many years to come, and it has its own soundcard built in (you would need to buy a soundcard for the mixtrack). The mixtrack is an okay unit, very easy to learn on, etc. However, you will want to upgrade later on in the future if you stick with this and then you'll have those Numark headphones (which only lasted me three months. Not terrible, but not great.)

There are also some decent twitch mappings on these boards for Traktor around here, but it does have a factory mapping and an included overlay. Basically, the twitch is a more quality unit, but the mixtrack isn't a bad choice either.
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mikro, Equator D5s