do you protect your ears
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    limerick, ireland
    Posts
    85

    Default do you protect your ears

    im trying to understand if djs go def later on in life ... where ever i go and the toon are a banging i use ACS ER-20 my headphones >just< fit over them

    what about you do you have to protect your hearing or worry about hearing loss later on in life (i do)

  2. #2
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    $300 (or $350?) later and I got myself a pair of custom fitted ear plugs and a hearing test to see where I was at. Turns out my hearing is really good, I was partly expecting it to be kind of bad from the exposure I already had.

    I couldn't imagine not protecting my ears, for anyone getting into DJing please make this a priority. I'd say the biggest benefit is being able to go home right after a gig and sleep in peace because your ears aren't ringing. It's not just for DJing either its when you go to clubs or live performances. I saw DJ Craze last year in Seattle and the system they had at the venue was nuts, me and my gf would periodically take breaks by the bathroom area because it was the only place you could go to get away from the music. Don't get me wrong loved the show, the volume was just ridiculous.

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor Mike_08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I've never bothered before but with reading a few things and startgin to do more and more I'm looking into buying a set of earplugs now.

  4. #4
    Tech Guru basspenetrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Marburg/Germany
    Posts
    2,180

    Default

    yes i do.. i also use forum search to find threads on the exact topic
    Setup: TP 2, VCI-400 EGE, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, iPad 2, Aiaiai Tma-1 // Launchpad, Ecler Smac32, 2 CDJ900, Presonus Firebox, KRK Rokit 8 //
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

  5. #5
    Tech Guru Sherlock Ohms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    pardon?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

  6. #6
    Tech Guru CionniAsDj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    536

    Default

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334245924.135983.jpgFor sure!!

    Not at all at the moment, but i think i should.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

    Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

  7. #7
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    limerick, ireland
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    $300 (or $350?) later and I got myself a pair of custom fitted ear plugs and a hearing test to see where I was at. Turns out my hearing is really good, I was partly expecting it to be kind of bad from the exposure I already had.

    I couldn't imagine not protecting my ears, for anyone getting into DJing please make this a priority. I'd say the biggest benefit is being able to go home right after a gig and sleep in peace because your ears aren't ringing. It's not just for DJing either its when you go to clubs or live performances. I saw DJ Craze last year in Seattle and the system they had at the venue was nuts, me and my gf would periodically take breaks by the bathroom area because it was the only place you could go to get away from the music. Don't get me wrong loved the show, the volume was just ridiculous.
    do you use them when djing

  8. #8
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    limerick, ireland
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    yes i do.. i also use forum search to find threads on the exact topic
    x x x I love you

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor DJ ATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james downes View Post
    im trying to understand if djs go def later on in life ... where ever i go and the toon are a banging i use ACS ER-20 my headphones >just< fit over them

    what about you do you have to protect your hearing or worry about hearing loss later on in life (i do)
    I use a Westone ES49 Musicians earplugs with a 9db filter whenever I DJ or just going out clubbing.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

  10. #10
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    limerick, ireland
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334245924.135983.jpgFor sure!!

    Not at all at the moment, but i think i should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •