Ableton VSTs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ableton VSTs

Default Ableton VSTs

What are the absolute top VSTs out there. Mainly used for live DJ sets, but useful ones for music production would be good too. Already been recommend NI's Massive.

Also, anyone got any pointers towards setting up quality effect racks in Ableton?

I'll be controlling it with a VCI-100 (crossfade, volumen, loops, sampler), Launchpad (launching clips mainly) and LPD8 (effects) so I'll have plenty of assignable controls for the effects.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Do you have Ableton suite? If you do then suite already comes with a whole bunch of excellent effect racks under the Audio Effect/Audio Effect Racks folder.

There is even a sub folder in there for performance and DJ.

I'd definitely look into that before getting more VSTs.

I do have Suite yes, and glad I asked now before scouring VSTs! Only just beginning to look into using Ableton as a live tool so I'll look into the effect racks you noted. Cheers!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

To be honest, you don't really need VSTs for DJing. Sure they're nice to have, but kind of a novelty.
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

I want them to be a bit creative with my set. Wanna have sweeping filters, stutters, beat repeat, beat masher etc and was looking for VSTs that are useful in a live arena mainly.

Everything you listed can be done with stock effects.
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Allow me:

VST's (all free)
    -----
    dBlue Glitch
    Tapestop
    Supatrigga
    Instajungle
    Tal-Dub (I, II & III)
    Tal-Filter
    Daft Funk
    Flo-Fi
    Battery Acid
    Crayon Filter
    Izotope Vinyl

Live FX
    -------
    Autofilter
    Beatrepeat
    Flanger

Go and check 'em out. KVR.com is where you'll find 'em. If I think of any more I'll update this post...

In fact, I'm surprised there's not a sticky for this around here?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Cheers for these. I've visited KVR and got most of them, along with one or two others I liked the sound of.

Only one I can't get, and like the sound of is InstaJungle 0.3. Seems impossible to find!!!

First entry on google:

http://modemaudio.com/misc/InstaJungle_03_win/

Right click>Save as
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Fuck VSt/AU

challenge yourself, make your first track in your DAW and DAW only.

then add a VST/AU or two
    make another track

yes they may suck

but jst do it
    learn how to use each piece.

suck at it

then dont suck at it
    repeat!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast